Old February 21st 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Loss of radio signals on scanner in certain areas and McDonalds.

I am just curious, because I understand but don't 100% understand why.
I know that some things can block radio signals but does anyone know
why this is.

If I take a local transit bus in my area, whether it is a big or a
small bus, on a walkman or scanner, their is usually little to no AM
at all. Some FM stations go haywire. Shortwave, on the bus dead. When
I go into my college, shortwave dead.

When I am in my house, I can easily get AM stations and shortwave, why
do some buildings just kill the signals?

Also, does anyone know, did McDonalds go encrypted or something with
their drive-thru? I have a Uniden BR330T scanner that includes drive-
thru ranges, and in my area of my college, there is 3 restraunts with
drive-thrus. One KFC, One McDonalds, and one Wendys, all right next to
each other. Now I have always been able to get KFC and Wendys with
usually only a search. No matter what I do, I can never seem to get
McDonalds on my scanner even trying known frequencies. I know for a
fact they use wireless headphones because when I went in to give an
order, I saw a pair behind the counter. Why is McDonalds the only
place I can never get on my scanner?

Old February 21st 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Feb 21, 2:44 pm, "RedPenguin" wrote:
[...]

nvm my first question, I think I need to do a WFM search on the 900
range for McDonalds because that's the only one I didn't do, so that's
probably why I never heard them.

Old February 22nd 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"RedPenguin" wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

Wow what a huge loss, no mcdonalds mm mmmm, scanning is hardly even worth the
bother without knowing about all of those double cheeseburgers being sold.
Old February 22nd 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:03:27 GMT, Jesse spake thusly:

"RedPenguin" wrote in
roups.com:

[...]

That's not the fun part. The fun part is the other channels they use
for internal communications. Lets just say that some people would be
quite upset if they heard what was being said about them "off the
air".

Old February 22nd 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Feb 21, 7:03 pm, Jesse wrote:
"RedPenguin" wrote groups.com:

[...]

LoL, I know it's not a huge deal, it's just that, I was bored one day
and was annoyed they were the only thing I couldn't get. I don't want
to listen to them every day and record them, just something when I am
bored.

Old February 22nd 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"RedPenguin" wrote in
oups.com:

On Feb 21, 7:03 pm, Jesse wrote:
"RedPenguin" wrote
groups.com:

[...]

Well have at it don't let me stop ya - With analog cell phones dying like
bloated former playboy models and police going digital all over the place,
you gotta take what you can get.
Probably a matter of time before old Ronald goes encrypted or moves to
SATCOM, so enjoy it while it lasts.
Old April 10th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Feb 21, 7:06 pm, wrote:
[...]

probably why I never heard them.- Hide quoted text -

Some seem to be. I used to be able to hear my local McDonald's on my
scanners, but can't anymore. I couldn't pick them up in the 900 MHZ
range either, even in wide fm mode.

Doing a search all the way up to the 2.4 GHZ range in am, fm, amd wide
fm modes, I could no longer hear them.

They're either encrypted, digital, or wired.

I think only some are now, although they'll probably all eventually
switch to where we can no longer hear them on regular scanners.

Old April 21st 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

as for the first question
most buses are made of metal......you know, that material that faraday made

mike

"Forster Tuncurry" wrote in message
from memory i found a few around 35.025mhz i think. I could get one KFC
for 2 blocks and then a mcdonalds i got a scratchy signal inside the
building. :/

Joe.

"------------" wrote in message
oups.com...