Old February 23rd 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Realistic Pro 34 scanner mod?

I don't need info on cell coverage but i would like to know about the
crystal upgrade supposed to increase scan speed anything will help .
i just got this scanner at an estate sale and the box has never been open
Old February 28th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Feb 23, 8:55 am, Billy Bigrig wrote:
I don't need info on cell coverage but i would like to know about the
crystal upgrade supposed to increase scan speed anything will help .
i just got this scanner at an estate sale and the box has never been open

There is an eBay seller that has a crystal for sale which is supposed
to increase the PRO-34 scanning speed as well as restore the cell
frequencies. Here's the link if you want to have a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Realistic-Pro-34...QQcmdZViewItem

73,

David

Old March 1st 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
BDK BDK is offline

In article .com,
says...
On Feb 23, 8:55 am, Billy Bigrig wrote:
I don't need info on cell coverage but i would like to know about the
crystal upgrade supposed to increase scan speed anything will help .
i just got this scanner at an estate sale and the box has never been open

There is an eBay seller that has a crystal for sale which is supposed
to increase the PRO-34 scanning speed as well as restore the cell
frequencies. Here's the link if you want to have a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Realistic-Pro-34...QQcmdZViewItem

73,

David

I think it also shortens the delay length too. The one I had for a while
had almost no delay, and scanned a lot faster than a stock one did. And
the crystal has NOTHING to do with cell restore, that's removing a
diode.

All in all, the negatives outweigh the positives.

BDK