Old December 15th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default New to the Crew!

Hi, everyone! I just subscibed to this group. I'm new to freq.
scanning. I own a Uniden Bearcat 210Xlt, from what I see, is a pretty
rare radio! I have a couple of questions that i'll ask later. But for
now, I'll just browse existing topics.

-Trent
Old December 17th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Trent Mitchell" wrote in message
Hi, everyone! I just subscibed to this group. I'm new to freq.
scanning. I own a Uniden Bearcat 210Xlt, from what I see, is a pretty
rare radio! I have a couple of questions that i'll ask later. But for
now, I'll just browse existing topics.

-Trent

Hi Trent and welcome!

Sometimes the traffic on this news group slows down and sometimes it's
pretty active but, by and large (whatever that means!) it's a pretty good
place to check every few days.

http://www.radioreference.com/ is a pretty good web site for learning about
frequencies in use (in your home area as well as other places you might take
your scanner). Of course there are lots of such web sites but that's one of
the better ones.

And ask you questions! Most people will give you pretty good advice if you
explain what you're interested in or what you're trying to achieve!

Al