Old July 24th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Programming RS PRO-2066

Hello to the group and thank you for your help.
I have a PRO-2066 and PRO-94 scanner.
I want to use the trunking feature on both.
I have programmed both according to the instructions.
After programming the frequencies, including the control channels, all I
hear is data, buzzing, tones, etc, on whatever talkgroup it stops on.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank You,
Greg (Bogey)

Old July 27th 08, 08:40 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Bogey" wrote in message
50...
Hello to the group and thank you for your help.
I have a PRO-2066 and PRO-94 scanner.
I want to use the trunking feature on both.
I have programmed both according to the instructions.
After programming the frequencies, including the control channels, all I
hear is data, buzzing, tones, etc, on whatever talkgroup it stops on.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank You,
Greg (Bogey)

You are more than likely getting digital talkgroups (especially if you hear
that sound that resembles a jackhammering sound). This requires that the
scanner can decode digital.

Verify that your scanner can decode digital signals and is not just an
analog scanner. If it can decode digital, then make sure you are set up for
digital scanning. If the scanner cannot decode digital, then it will be
necessary to lock out those digital talkgroups, or create a scan list of
just the analog talkgroups (if the feature is supported).

Old July 28th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." wrote in
:

"Bogey" wrote in message
50...
Hello to the group and thank you for your help.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank You,
Greg (Bogey)

You are more than likely getting digital talkgroups (especially if you
hear that sound that resembles a jackhammering sound). This requires
that the scanner can decode digital.

Verify that your scanner can decode digital signals and is not just an
analog scanner. If it can decode digital, then make sure you are set
up for digital scanning. If the scanner cannot decode digital, then it
will be necessary to lock out those digital talkgroups, or create a
scan list of just the analog talkgroups (if the feature is supported).

Thank you for your help Daniel.
The PRO-2066 and PRO-94 can scan only analog apparently.
The manuals do not say anything about decoding digital.
It only says the 2066 tracks Moyorola Type I, Type II and Hybrid analog
systems. The 94 tracks the same sa well as GE/Ericsson EDACS.
Any thoughts on a scanner that will track digital as well as analog
systems?
Thank you again,
Greg (Bogey)
Old July 29th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Bogey" wrote in message
47...
"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." wrote in
:

"Bogey" wrote in message
50...
[...]

The PRO-96 and PRO-2096 can (I'm pretty sure anyway).

FS: PRO-2066 Scanner Bill Crocker Swap 1 November 27th 05 03:01 AM
FS: PRO-2066 Scanner Bill Crocker Scanner 1 November 27th 05 03:00 AM
FS: PRO-2066 Scanner (covers C.B.!) Bill Crocker CB 1 November 27th 05 03:00 AM
PRO - 95 or PRO 2066? two-bat Scanner 3 September 22nd 04 05:40 AM
FS: VR-120 / PRO-2066 / BC245 Dwayne Swap 0 April 27th 04 02:48 AM