RadioBanter

-   -   Pro-528 USB Cable Linux (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/137245-pro-528-usb-cable-linux.html)

[email protected] October 2nd 08 07:06 PM

Pro-528 USB Cable Linux

I have a RS Pro-528 and a RS USB-to-Serial cable (20-047) and I run
Ubuntu Linux 8.04 on a Dell Latitude C610 laptop. I am searching for a
means to access my scanner via the USB cable for the purpose of
reading and writing it's memory banks. I know there is software out
there that does this in Windows. I know that some of this software
runs quite well on virtual machines and through windows emulators. I
am not interested in either so please don't respond if all you have to
offer involves either method.

73 & Thanks in advance,
Joe
N9ZLI

N9ZLI October 2nd 08 09:18 PM

Pro-528 USB Cable Linux

On Oct 2, 3:21*pm, chesucat wrote:
wrote:

jdgcI have a RS Pro-528 and a RS USB-to-Serial cable (20-047) and I run
jdgcUbuntu Linux 8.04 on a Dell Latitude C610 laptop. I am searching for a
jdgcmeans to access my scanner via the USB cable for the purpose of
jdgcreading and writing it's memory banks. I know there is software out
jdgcthere that does this in Windows. I know that some of this software
jdgcruns quite well on virtual machines and through windows emulators. I
jdgcam not interested in either so please don't respond if all you have to
jdgcoffer involves either method.

BC246T.TCL Control & Programming Tool 0.8c-beta
Written by Keith Wyatt. *Copyright 2005, 2006
Send Bug Reports to
Computer Platform: unix(Linux 2.6.24-19-generic)

http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattrad...?section=begin

chesucat advises

That first link doesn't work anymore. There's a redirect and it
doesn't have anything to do with radio from what I can see.