Old October 2nd 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Pro-528 USB Cable Linux

I have a RS Pro-528 and a RS USB-to-Serial cable (20-047) and I run
Ubuntu Linux 8.04 on a Dell Latitude C610 laptop. I am searching for a
means to access my scanner via the USB cable for the purpose of
reading and writing it's memory banks. I know there is software out
there that does this in Windows. I know that some of this software
runs quite well on virtual machines and through windows emulators. I
am not interested in either so please don't respond if all you have to
offer involves either method.

73 & Thanks in advance,
Joe
N9ZLI
Old October 2nd 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Oct 2, 3:21*pm, chesucat wrote:
wrote:

jdgcI have a RS Pro-528 and a RS USB-to-Serial cable (20-047) and I run
jdgcUbuntu Linux 8.04 on a Dell Latitude C610 laptop. I am searching for a
jdgcmeans to access my scanner via the USB cable for the purpose of
jdgcreading and writing it's memory banks. I know there is software out
jdgcthere that does this in Windows. I know that some of this software
jdgcruns quite well on virtual machines and through windows emulators. I
jdgcam not interested in either so please don't respond if all you have to
jdgcoffer involves either method.

BC246T.TCL Control & Programming Tool 0.8c-beta
Written by Keith Wyatt. *Copyright 2005, 2006
Send Bug Reports to
Computer Platform: unix(Linux 2.6.24-19-generic)

http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattrad...?section=begin

chesucat advises

That first link doesn't work anymore. There's a redirect and it
doesn't have anything to do with radio from what I can see.

Ten Tec rx 320 on linux m II Shortwave 19 June 12th 08 04:21 PM
Ten Tec rx 320 on linux user[_3_] Shortwave 0 April 3rd 08 06:51 PM
Ten Tec rx 320 on linux RHF Shortwave 0 April 3rd 08 11:57 AM
Can't run TCP/IP through AX.25 using Linux [email protected] Digital 15 February 17th 06 03:05 PM
New Linux Box ! Al Patrick Shortwave 1 March 10th 05 02:49 AM