RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna Mounted Preamp (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/140299-antenna-mounted-preamp.html)

w4nng January 20th 09 10:10 PM

Antenna Mounted Preamp

Anyone know of an antenna mounted preamp that's good for scanner antennas.

Checked the mast mounted TV preamps but can't find any details on bandwidth.

Tested a Wingard UHF preamp I own. It cuts off well before 890Mhz (Ch 83).
Got a lot of channels in the 800mhz band in my area.

Thanks for any help

Bob

[email protected][_2_] January 29th 09 09:18 AM

Antenna Mounted Preamp

On Jan 20, 2:10*pm, " W4NNG" wrote:
Anyone know of an antenna mounted preamp that's good for scanner antennas..

Checked the mast mounted TV preamps but can't find any details on bandwidth.

Tested a Wingard UHF preamp I own. *It cuts off well before 890Mhz (Ch 83).
Got a lot of channels in the 800mhz band in my area.

Thanks for any help

Bob

I like Angle Linear. However, they are expensive and need to be
mounted in a weatherproof box. I've had Chip build me 3 different
preamps over the years.

http://www.anglelinear.com/