Old January 20th 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Antenna Mounted Preamp

Anyone know of an antenna mounted preamp that's good for scanner antennas.

Checked the mast mounted TV preamps but can't find any details on bandwidth.

Tested a Wingard UHF preamp I own. It cuts off well before 890Mhz (Ch 83).
Got a lot of channels in the 800mhz band in my area.

Thanks for any help

Bob

Old January 29th 09, 09:18 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Jan 20, 2:10*pm, " W4NNG" wrote:
Anyone know of an antenna mounted preamp that's good for scanner antennas..

Checked the mast mounted TV preamps but can't find any details on bandwidth.

Tested a Wingard UHF preamp I own. *It cuts off well before 890Mhz (Ch 83).
Got a lot of channels in the 800mhz band in my area.

Thanks for any help

Bob

I like Angle Linear. However, they are expensive and need to be
mounted in a weatherproof box. I've had Chip build me 3 different
preamps over the years.

http://www.anglelinear.com/