Old September 21st 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default FS: PRO 2005 & PRO 2006

I have the PRO-2006 and the comparable PRO-43 handheld. They are both
still useful. I listen to Ham Radio bands all the time, as a ham radio
operator, and I find them very useful for that. I find they are more
sensitive to reception and sound better than the small ham radio
receivers I have. I scan on the PRO units, and if I want to talk I
just use the ham unit. Also, the aviation bands are programmed in. I
realize most public safety comms are now trunked, so these are not
useful for that. I can pick up County and township operations locally,
not city or state police which are trunked. However, there are some
public safety agencies that "mirror" their comms on non trunked
channels for other agencies not n their trunked system to hear
communications, so you pick that up as well.

You can also pick up CB comms for traffic, as well as weather radio.
If you are into listening to FRS/GMRS radio, these scanners pick up
that as well. Since the PRO-2006 has a "tape out feature", I run into
VOX tape recorder and can record scans when I know there is something
I want to listen to is on and I am not around. I am playing with
having them connected to my PC via the audio in jack and recording the
scans to my hard drive via an audio VOX program on the PC.

Rick

On Sep 9, 9:44*pm, Douche BAG wrote:
On Sep 9, 8:32*pm, "Scott Livingston" wrote:

I have for sale a PRO-2005 and a PRO-2006 scanner. You know the specs on
these scanners so all I'll tell you is their condition.

The 2005 works great with no problems that I know of. The case is clean
(case back halves have been painted medium gray but does not exactly match
the front.) The operating manual is included. I want 85.00 for this scanner.

The 2006 was bought new and it still looks new. I did replace the el strip a
while back so the display is bright. Mods have been made that opens up the
frequency range and a jack to the discriminator tap *installed on the rear
panel. Included are the box and original operating manual as well as the
service manual. *I want 150.00 for this scanner.

Anyone buying the PRO-2005 will also receive free, a working Realistic
Timekube receiver. *Push buttons select 5, 10, or 15 MHz time signals..

Anyone buying the PRO-2006 will also receive free, a working BC-145xlt
scanner minus the power adapter.

In addition, anyone buying both will receive free, Bill Cheek's THE ULTIMATE
SCANNER. Actual shipping charges from 28645 will be added to total sales
amount .

Good luck with your boat anchors! With everything digital you missed
the boat. Sorry for the pun!

Old September 22nd 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Yep, you're right Richard, the atmosphere is full of radio signals these
scanners will receive. I have a very nice old crystal scanner that still
receives many signals and the audio quality on this old beast is very good.
Still, if all you are interested in is trunked or digital trunked, they just
won't cut the mustard. Thanks for the reply. Regards Scott