Old January 13th 10, 10:59 PM
Junior Member

Location: NSW Australia
Default Scanning in the 21st Century

Having owned scanners for almost 20 years, I currently have a collection of
Yupiterus, 7100, 9000, and a 3300.
For Shortwave I have a Sangean doing a great job with most SW,but a little below par with LSW/USB comms.
With Digital TV and Digital comms around us now, these do not seem to be capable of receiving digital comms.
I have been tempted lately of moving on to an AOR 8200 Mk3 and since acquiring a MACBOOK Pro lap top , the computer control of the AOR interests me.
While I realize that the AOR is not likely to make any inroads to receiving digital,at least one of these could keep my interest going.
Has anyone found a way to receive digital comms,especially TV sound on any scanners currently available ?
Should I ditch my Yupiteru 9000 for an AOR ?
I cannot bear to part with the 7100 though,it is rarely ever turned off,while the 3300 is fitted into my car, it is not in the same class as the other Yupis. In fact I do not have a manual and only was able to programme it due to my experience with the other Yupiterus
Old February 1st 10, 10:35 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertbee View Post
[...]
While the the above mentioned are all GREAT radios,it's time you join the 21st. century. Simply purchase a Uniden 996xt and you will hear what you want!
n9zas