Old January 30th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal

Default how can I get a refund on my illegal FCC-approved type acceptedradios here in the U.S.?

I bought the radio from Radio Shack a few years ago.

I just found out that less than a year ago, in 2009, according to the
FCC, the motorola t6250 ( radio ( and other similar raduios ) is and
always has been an illegal radio completely illegal to use at all
because it can do speech inversion,(which is coded messages according
to the FCC), even though it has been type accepted by the FCC and
approved by the FCC as completely legal to use in the U.S.

The FCC even said such radios are and always have been illegal even
though the FCC type accepted it as legal and approved it as legal.

and that it's iullegal to use at all even in non-scramnled mode
without speech inversion enabled since it is an illegal radio.

So since the radio is and always has been completely illegal to use
even in non-scrambled mode since it is capable of scrambling,

the radio is NOT fit for the purpose which it was sold for and sold as
..
But Radio Shack won't give me a refdund for the illegal radios they
sold.

I had no idea at the time I bought the radio that it was illegal since
it was FCC-type accepted as legal.

But all the lawyers and judges say "ignorance of the law is no
excuse".

How do I get my money back for Radio Shack illegally and fraudently
selling me illegal radios under the false, phony, and fraudelent
pretense that they were completely legal since they were fcc type
accepted and fcc-approved as legal?

Old January 30th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal
You You is offline

In article
,
radioguy wrote:

I bought the radio from Radio Shack a few years ago.

How about you slink off the Newsgroup, and leave your Stupid Questions
inside that Melon on top of your shoulders......
Old January 30th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal

.
But Radio Shack won't give me a refdund for the illegal radios they
sold.

I had no idea at the time I bought the radio that it was illegal since
it was FCC-type accepted as legal.

But all the lawyers and judges say "ignorance of the law is no
excuse".

How do I get my money back for Radio Shack illegally and fraudently
selling me illegal radios under the false, phony, and fraudelent
pretense that they were completely legal since they were fcc type
accepted and fcc-approved as legal?

Apparently, this is an oversight of the FCC. Some times things just get
done automatically. When you have a major corp. producing millions of
radios annually, introducing new types constantly, paperwork becomes rather
routine.

Midland radio is in the midst of the same legal action against them for
doing the same thing. The FCC contends these radios are illegal because the
"message is coded". However, as the FCC also does not precisely define
exactly what is meant by "coded".

As I see it, the rules are basically saying, sideband operation is not
allowed. Which I believe this is how the message is being coded.

What to do with your radio? I'd say use the damn thing as is. As far as you
are concerned the radio is legal to operate as is. It is up to the FCC to
ensure manufacturers comply with the rules. Not yours, not the vendors.

One option might be to sell it on ebay.

What if you're charged with the henious crime of transmitting a coded
message? Hire a good attorney and fight the *******s. You purchased, in
good faith, what you believed was a perfectly legal radio and one that was
approved by the FCC themselves. Then, don't do business with Radio Shack.

I learned a long time ago, Radio Shack is a rip off on electronics. If you
pay $10, the store manager paid $2 for it.
Old January 30th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 06:59:59 -0800 (PST), radioguy
wrote:

I'm not a lawyer. If anyone who is contradicts anything I write,
go with their opinion over mine.

I bought the radio from Radio Shack a few years ago.

I just found out that less than a year ago, in 2009, according to the
FCC, the motorola t6250 ( radio ( and other similar raduios ) is and
always has been an illegal radio completely illegal to use at all

Illegal to use, but is it legal to own?

because it can do speech inversion,(which is coded messages according
to the FCC), even though it has been type accepted by the FCC and
approved by the FCC as completely legal to use in the U.S.

The FCC even said such radios are and always have been illegal even
though the FCC type accepted it as legal and approved it as legal.

and that it's iullegal to use at all even in non-scramnled mode
without speech inversion enabled since it is an illegal radio.

So since the radio is and always has been completely illegal to use
even in non-scrambled mode since it is capable of scrambling,

the radio is NOT fit for the purpose which it was sold for and sold as
.
But Radio Shack won't give me a refdund for the illegal radios they
sold.

But the radio itself may not be illegal to sell or own. Using it
may be illegal.
What does the law say about selling and owning it?

I had no idea at the time I bought the radio that it was illegal since
it was FCC-type accepted as legal.

Odds are the PTB at Radio Shack didn't either, though I know no
way to check this.

But all the lawyers and judges say "ignorance of the law is no
excuse".

Nit picking: I think the phrase is, "Ignorace of the law is no
defense."

How do I get my money back for Radio Shack illegally and fraudently
selling me illegal radios under the false, phony, and fraudelent
pretense that they were completely legal since they were fcc type
accepted and fcc-approved as legal?

You can file suit, if you want. Realistically, I don't see you
winning.
You would need to prove Radio Shack sold it to you knowing it was
illegal. By your own claim, the FCC listed it as legal, so it's very
likely the people at Radio Shack who make decisions regarding what to
sell and what not to sell also thought it was legal.
You will need to be able to prove they knew the reason you were
buying it. Common sense indicates you bought it for use, but common
sense and the law aren't always in agreement.
Richard offered a POSSIBLE idea. If it is legal to buy and sell,
tyr selling it on ebay. It's unlikely you'll get what you paid for
it, but you can get some money.

--
"Kent"
Old January 31st 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal

FYI, the FCC rules state mostly that is illegal to import, manufacture,
sell, possess and use such illegal equipment.

The most common of these violations occur when a radio is produced to be
used on the 10 or 12 meter ham radio band. With the capability of being
used on the 11 meter band which is known "Citizens Band" (CB).

The FCC routinely tests these radios and if the find any way that it can
transmit on 11 meters, it is classified as illegal. Manufacturers do so to
avoid the "type accpetance" requirement and to sell their radios to
enthusiasts known as "truckers". Buying one can cost you $10,000 and the
loss of your radio.

For the law itself, read up on "illegal CB radios".

Old January 31st 10, 09:16 AM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard[_3_] View Post
FYI, the FCC rules state mostly that is illegal to import, manufacture,
sell, possess and use such illegal equipment.

The most common of these violations occur when a radio is produced to be
used on the 10 or 12 meter ham radio band. With the capability of being
used on the 11 meter band which is known "Citizens Band" (CB).

The FCC routinely tests these radios and if the find any way that it can
transmit on 11 meters, it is classified as illegal. Manufacturers do so to
avoid the "type accpetance" requirement and to sell their radios to
enthusiasts known as "truckers". Buying one can cost you $10,000 and the
loss of your radio.

For the law itself, read up on "illegal CB radios".
Ok,dig out your receipt and ask for a refund if said radio is still under warranty. Midland was already in trouble because of marketing snafus like this and MOTOROLA should be,since they have been marketing the motorola T7200 talkies for a long time! I think your response was probably an automatic one,based on the number of inquiries they get from UN-informed callers!
n9zas
Old February 1st 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

"CB HAM" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 4:17?pm, richard wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:00:54 -0800 (PST), Marky wrote:
On Jan 31, 12:22 pm, Lamey the Cable Guy wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:24:41 -0700, richard
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:57:56 -0800 (PST), N8QRM wrote:

On Jan 31, 1:03?am, richard wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:16:04 -0800 (PST), Marky wrote:
On Jan 30, 8:59 am, radioguy wrote:
[...]

Pack your radio up. Send it to ?http://sales.kb9rqz.com?andtradeit
in on a "10 meter" radio. Maybe something with a turbo echo.

And do be sure that the radio can be converted to 11 meters.
Dumbass, ham radios don't come with echo crap. As that is illegal as
hell.
That **** is all attached purely for the truckers.- Hide quoted
text -

There are lots of ham radios with echo on:

http://sales.kb9rqz.com

Check out the Rangers, Magnums and Galaxys Mark has for sale. Those
are ham radios and they have echo. So shut your ****ing pie hole.

Read the frickin rules a-hole. Guess which radios are on the banned
list?

HEY RICHARD..........**** on you and the FCC, too !

The very ones you mention. Do ham radios come equipped with channel
selectors who's range is between 1 and 40? 10 meter voice begins at
28.3,
well above the 11 meter band.

Dual operation of this type is just not permitted, period.

All Galaxy DX radios are banned.

Echo serves no purpose other than to show off.

who cares?

--
Usenet lits sco

GIT-R-DONE!

alt.usenet.legends.lamey
AUK Offishal Tinfoil Sombrero award 05/07
Sweetness Seal Of Approval #3
#20 Usenet asshole
#6 Lits Slut
#9 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine
Approved by Lionel
#11 Most posting trolls/hunters/flonkers 2007
#1 Disenfranchised AUK Kookologist.
#1 AUK Galactic Killfile Award
we all know how well that works...LOL
Co-inventer of the "Prongtard Yap-Dog Award"
working on one of them specheel AUK awards
St. Lamey - Patron Saint Of Bridges, Underpasses and Caves

http://sales.kb9rqz.com?is the source for all of your amateur radio
needs!

I got my new radio from Mark and it rocks! Nothing like calling CQ DX
on 10 meters with your turbo echo adjusted just right.

I had some asshole crying about my radio sounded like a CB. I just
told him to **** off and turned on my slap-back audio (also from
kb9rqz) and repeated my callsign over and over again. He got ****ed!!

REMEMBER.........we are the new breed of hams!!

As should all others whom you talk to with it be ****ed off.
Read the rules. That crap ain't allowed on ham radio. I hope they turn
your
ass in for it.

Hey Richard...............
You're one of those dick type hammies, I can tell.
But listen up you **** stain. And listen good.
My elmer is KB9RQZ. I even got my tech manuel at http://sales.kb9rqz.com

I had to study for three ****ing days to pass my test.

I AM THE FUTURE OF HAM RADIO !!!

I didn't need any stinking morse code, either !

Where in the rules does it say I can't run my turbo echo on 10 meters?
You can't quote it 'cause it ain't there.

Now be a good hammy and go **** yourself, little Ricky.

Kb9rqz was also my elmer until someone emailed me this description of him.

http://ve7kfm.com/kb9rqz.html

I didn't realizewhat a lid he actually is. The CCRAA also fired him as
their president after they found
out what a sexual deviant/pervert he is. You may want to find a new
elmer....

Old February 2nd 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal

On Jan 30, 11:00*am, richard wrote:
[...]

pay $10, the store manager paid $2 for it.- Hide quoted text -

FWIW - I bought some GMRS radios at RS a few years back, branded with
the RS name, and they work *great*, excellent range, excellent voice
sound and pitch, and they don't chew up batteries either. Tough as
nails too - they've been dropped, kicked and soaked, and they still
run great. I suspect their output is around 1 - 1.5 w, because they
communicate farther and more clearly and easily than any FRS radio
with which I am familiar. At $45 the pair, I'd stand by these units
anytime.

I have had junk from RS too, but these units are not among them.

I don't invert my speech ;-)

Bruce Jensen
WQGT447
Old February 13th 10, 07:24 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WQGT447 View Post
[...]

WQGT447, I believe a section of the FCC Rules which may help understand their thinking, is that which applies to transmission ENCRIPTION. And, unless the Rules have changed, to be lagal on GMRS frequencies [and yes I know a lot of GRMS and FRS units have both services frequencies installed during manufacturing. GMRS requires the operator to be licensed [$85.00 last I checked] but allows using GMRS repeaters, whereby FRS doesn't require a license; with comensurately limited abilities for communication. Since I not persued any changes in the Rules, my comments may be outdated. Check out MURS service also.
Old February 20th 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.scanner,misc.legal

On Jan 30, 7:59*am, radioguy wrote:
[...]

my suggestions (FWIW): consult a lawyer. asking anyone in here for a
useful answer
is about as useful as pounding a hole in water (and as you ahve
already seen, some
of the responses or necessarily stupid).

FYI: Icom IC-7000 approved Percival P. Cassidy Equipment 14 November 18th 05 12:25 AM
BPL NPRM Approved Keith Policy 78 March 4th 04 03:11 AM
BPL NPRM Approved Keith Shortwave 7 February 20th 04 08:30 PM
Two refund checks have been mailed out!!!! Yes. I feel Good!!!! Dave Munroe Swap 3 July 26th 03 11:33 PM