RadioBanter

-   -   newbie HELP!! (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/33898-newbie-help.html)

frank halaburak July 8th 03 11:56 PM

newbie HELP!!

Hi all,
I just purchased a Realistic 2022 that was supposedly modified to pick up
cell.
I am confused......I am just wondering what the cell frequencies are.
I have read somewhere that the frequencies are between 806-960 mhz.
is this correct ? I have just done a freq. check and it seems to pick up
phone conversations around 863-864 mhz.it jumps from 868 mhz
straight to 896 mhz. also the spacing is 12.5 khz.I read that the spacing
for cell freq. should be 30 khz ? are cell frequencies the same everywhere
in the U.S. and Canada? I am in Montreal. where is a good source for local
frequencies ? hoping for some
help...........................Frank

Dwayne July 9th 03 12:48 AM

In article ,
says...
Hi all,
I just purchased a Realistic 2022 that was supposedly modified to pick up
cell.
I am confused......I am just wondering what the cell frequencies are.
I have read somewhere that the frequencies are between 806-960 mhz.
is this correct ? I have just done a freq. check and it seems to pick up
phone conversations around 863-864 mhz.it jumps from 868 mhz
straight to 896 mhz. also the spacing is 12.5 khz.I read that the spacing
for cell freq. should be 30 khz ? are cell frequencies the same everywhere
in the U.S. and Canada? I am in Montreal. where is a good source for local
frequencies ? hoping for some
help...........................Frank

If its jumping from 868 to 896 then its not modded for cell. Thats where
cell is located.

--
Dwayne

frank halaburak July 9th 03 04:04 AM

Hi Dwayne,Thanks for the reply.I found the mod on the internet.
I opened her up and the mod was not done .It took 5 min. to do the mod
myself.
I get it all now !! Thanks again..........Frank
.net...

Mark S. July 9th 03 04:13 AM

In article ,
Dwayne wrote:

[...]

Here's a link on how to do the mod. I never tried it 'cause I don't own
a 2022.

Mark in
Davis, Ca. USA