Old July 14th 03, 07:23 PM
The Orkin Man

Default You have a serious infestation going on in rrs

Upon request from Agent Smith, I've conducted a preliminary check in and around rrs. You've got a fairly serious troll infestation
going on.

Yup, see inside these posts? The headers? You've got yourselves a remailous-humongous painus, or in laymans terms, a remailer troll.

These little buggers are hard as hell to get rid of. They root themselves deep into the group and change their headers constantly to
mimick valid posters in the group. They then use these stolen identities to flood the group with offtopic BS. The result? Newbies
add your name to their killfiles and soon the whole group just appears like a spam trap and everyone with any valid input leaves.

Ewww. Ugly little bugger, isn't he?

Now I've looked around in my little bag of tricks but unfortunately, I don't have the required programs available to rid the group
of this little beast. No one does. True, there are some newsreaders that will filter his domain, but even this has a fatal flaw, and
that if the troll finds a new remailer to use. But there is hope.

What you have to do folks, is ignore him. See, everytime you post a reply to a remailer troll, you keep him entertained. He'll stay
and play with you forever if you let him. No matter what horrible, scathing insults you hurl at him, he eats them up. Loves them
infact. Then he morphs into your identity and spews out garbage at an alarming rate.

The quickest most surefire way to get rid of this pest is to stop feeding it. Ignore it. It WILL leave. All you have to do is wait.

This requires EVERYONE'S help. No one can respond. Just make like it's not even there. NO MATTER WHAT. And it won't be easy. Trolls
like this one don't just leave after one or two days of being ignored, infact it'll post more and more spew hoping someone will
crack and respond. Don't fall for it. Give it a month or two and he'll move on. They always do.

Carry on netcitizens, and good luck with your troll problem.

The Orkin Man
www.orkin.com