Old August 10th 03, 05:05 PM
That Other George

Really?? Only 28% of your CPU?? Huuummm
http://webpages.charter.net/moment/1winscan780.htm
Even they, i.e. Pozilla state it has a problem using all your CPU and they
are trying to bring it down to 40% or 50% but it will not do real time
moniting and not use 100% of your CPU at this time, that is if you can get
it to run at all.

I agree Burr. I've had nothing but good luck with Winscan. I don't
think I have ever had it crash and as far as processor usage, right
now I've got Outlook Express and Winscan open and I'm only using 28%
of my CPU. I have to say that I think it also really adds to the
enjoyment of scanning.

Chris...

--
That Other George

Please send your spam to:

http://webpages.charter.net/moment/

http://webpages.charter.net/moment/winjunk.htm
Old August 11th 03, 06:22 PM
soundisgood

I keep replying and it keeps not posting it.

I really do run that. I was trying to attach a image showing my CPU usage
at a nice 32% but I think that's why it wasn't posting. However... I think
that you are talking about Winscan 780 and Burr and I are talking about 2.1.
I don't know what Dwayne is talking about.

Chris.

Old August 12th 03, 02:02 AM
Burr

soundisgood wrote:

I keep replying and it keeps not posting it.

I really do run that. I was trying to attach a image showing my CPU usage
at a nice 32% but I think that's why it wasn't posting. However... I think
that you are talking about Winscan 780 and Burr and I are talking about 2.1.
I don't know what Dwayne is talking about.

Chris.

Chris,
I don't know what to say. I run all the programs I want at
the sametime with Winscan and I run fast and I don't have
problems.
I never heard you say anything about loading up your computer
so I don't know why these other people are having problems.

Burr

Old August 13th 03, 02:44 AM
soundisgood

I don't get it either Burr. I wish I could say what the problem is. I
searched google and altavista and can't say that I saw anything about a CPU
problem. I did however read the Strong Signals review of v1.1 and they seem
to like it. I can also show that I don't have that problem

http://www.soundisgood.com/scanner/winscanimage.htm

Maybe Dwayne is having some sort of problem with his supercomputer.

By the way... Thanks for the tip about the posting Dwayne.

Chris.

Old August 13th 03, 06:13 AM
Dwayne

In article ,
says...
I don't get it either Burr. I wish I could say what the problem is. I
searched google and altavista and can't say that I saw anything about a CPU
problem. I did however read the Strong Signals review of v1.1 and they seem
to like it. I can also show that I don't have that problem

http://www.soundisgood.com/scanner/winscanimage.htm

Maybe Dwayne is having some sort of problem with his supercomputer.

By the way... Thanks for the tip about the posting Dwayne.

Chris.

Here are some links to screenshots I took of other programs running. As
you can see they use up way less cpu then Winscan does. The first one is
what Winscan used to be before Pozilla got a hold of it.

PC895
http://ssrleague1.homestead.com/files/Scanner/pc895.JPG
BC245INT
http://ssrleague1.homestead.com/file...r/BC245int.JPG
ScanCat Gold
http://ssrleague1.homestead.com/file...er/scancat.JPG
ScanControl
http://ssrleague1.homestead.com/file...cancontrol.JPG
TrunkStar780
http://ssrleague1.homestead.com/file.../Trunkstar.JPG
Unitrol
http://ssrleague1.homestead.com/file...er/Unitrol.JPG

Dwayne
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BC895/

Old August 14th 03, 07:09 PM
That Other George

Hey Dwayne:

I found this sweet little "FREE" program and we did some testing on it.
Works really well for what it is.

http://webpages.charter.net/moment/cc780.htm

Dwayne wrote:

So did you write a new program or did you just make winscam frequency
file?

Well, guess I just wrote a Winscan frequency file and am
running it both as stan alone in the BC 245 and with my PC
Laptop as a monitor of what's happening.
Are you the person that loves Winscan so mush, got it all
figured out and running it everyday. It sure is a nice
program and it runs real well, I just love running it!!

Burr

I cant stand winscan. No support from the company and it uses almost
100% of your cpu. Best I found so far for the 245 is bc245int, and its
free.