Old August 12th 03, 03:39 AM
Dwayne

Default BC785D Backlight Mod?

In article .net, mm58
@earthlink.net says...
Seeking a "non-traumatic" mod that will let me adjust the backlight
brightness
on the 785D.

There isn't much difference between the "HIGH" and "MEDIUM" settings.
I'd like to have the medium setting be much dimmer.

((I wonder why Uniden just didn't program a "low" setting))

Thanks for any help...

Mike in Tucson

I have seen people put in a switch so they can turn the back light off
but other then that I havent seen any light mods for it.
--
Dwayne
Old August 12th 03, 01:08 PM
Dwayne

In article .net, mm58
@earthlink.net says...
Dwayne,

Why would one have to install a switch to turn the backlight off?
That's one of the menu options..."OFF"

"Dwayne" wrote in message
.net...
In article .net, mm58
@earthlink.net says...
Seeking a "non-traumatic" mod that will let me adjust the backlight
brightness
on the 785D.

There isn't much difference between the "HIGH" and "MEDIUM" settings.
I'd like to have the medium setting be much dimmer.

((I wonder why Uniden just didn't program a "low" setting))

Thanks for any help...

Mike in Tucson

I have seen people put in a switch so they can turn the back light off
but other then that I havent seen any light mods for it.
--
Dwayne

Thats a good question but I have seen it done. I guess it just makes it
easy to do.
--
Dwayne