Old August 16th 03, 01:20 AM
Beloved Leader

Default F-16 Jets Launched to Patrol in the East as a Precaution

Archiving the URL.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Aug14.html

F-16 Jets Launched to Patrol in the East as a Precaution

By Bradley Graham and John Mintz
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, August 15, 2003; Page A11

In the first minutes after yesterday's power blackout, the Pentagon
launched two Air Force F-16 fighter jets to patrol skies between New
York and Washington, and put other military aircraft on alert at
eastern U.S. bases, defense officials said.

"NORAD has no reason to believe there's an imminent airborne threat,"
a defense official said. But, he added, the decision was made to send
the extra fighters aloft and put others on alert "as a precautionary
measure." The planes took off from Andrews Air Force Base.

Old August 16th 03, 06:16 PM
NJ DXer

"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
m...
Archiving the URL.

This has what to do with scanners? Abuse report sent to Google.

Old August 16th 03, 07:50 PM
Skweezieweezie

This has what to do with scanners? Abuse report sent to Google

Maybe some people have a scanner loaded with mil-air
stuff like me?

Old August 16th 03, 08:25 PM
GeorgeF

NJ DXer wrote:
"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
m...

Archiving the URL.

This has what to do with scanners? Abuse report sent to Google.

And to add to my last post, if your really from New Jersey (as suggested
by your email address) you would have been able to hear the F-16's which
were mentioned. If you would have tuned in the frequencies found at
http://www.milaircomms.com/uhf_cap.html you too would have been able to
tune into the action.....

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old August 17th 03, 04:32 AM
NJ DXer

"GeorgeF" wrote in message
news:3F3E8523.2070809@licensed4funREMOVEBEFOREFLIG HT.com...
were mentioned. If you would have tuned in the frequencies found at
http://www.milaircomms.com/uhf_cap.html you too would have been able to
tune into the action.....

No I couldn't. I can use software to force my Pro-95 to recieve military air
band frequencies , but it isn't meant to recieve them and if it does, it
does so poorly.

Nice plug though.

Old August 17th 03, 06:32 PM
NJ DXer

"Don Souter" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:16:25 -0400, "NJ DXer" wrote:

COTSE spanking your ass wasn't enough now was it punk? Guess I'm gonna have
to put a stop to you on Altopia too. Well, can't say I didn't warn you.