Old August 20th 03, 10:25 PM
N8KDV

Default Monitoring Times Trunk Freqs for Florida are Wrong?

Billy wrote:

Ok I just got my new Uniden 785D and digital card. The first set of
frequencies I programmed were for the Kennedy Space Center. At first
I used the frequencies posted on the Monitoring Times website. After
hearing nothing I remember George's post that the Monitoring Times
website freqs were not correct for KSCs trunk system.

I then received the correct frequencies and everything was working
great.

Today I take a drive. First I programmed in the Florida State system
in hopes of hearing some FHP comms. In the Jan. 2003 issue of MT I
noticed that nearly every city/county listed for Florida had the very
same group of 20 frequencies. The range was from 853.8375 to 854.3125
MHz. The only problem was that I heard NOTHING! Not even a control
channel on any of the 20 frequencies listed. I was driving from
Titusville to Daytona Beach and up to Putnam county. Didn't matter
where I was I heard nothing.

After getting home I started searching the internet and found a site
that listed 30 different frequencies for the Florida State system.
None of the frequencies matched anything published in Monitoring
Times. But they worked! Now I am receiving the FHP just fine.

Now could someone tell me, what was nearly 3 pages of frequencies
published in Monitoring Times really for, they weren't for the Florida
State system as the article indicated. This was twice I used
Monitoring Times as a source of frequencies and twice they didn't
work.

Bill

Another post from George Fetter, disguised as Billy8156. LMAO