RadioBanter

-   -   SCVA? on a fire channel (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/34363-scva-fire-channel.html)

Cubit September 15th 03 05:34 AM

SCVA? on a fire channel

A neighbor's mobile home burned last night. At one point they said anyone
not wearing an SCVA was to leave the remains of the coach. What is that?
SCVA?

If I am remembering the acronym wrong, my apologies.

It is amazing how fast mobile homes become completely involved. It to 40
minutes before the fire was under control.

tater schuld September 15th 03 06:11 AM

could be SCBA self contained breathing aparatus.

--
Tater
President of MARS Club

.com...

S-Meter September 15th 03 04:48 PM

The scuba-like breathing apparatus used by firefighters I think.

Lou September 16th 03 03:16 AM

It is S C B A... Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.. The tanks they wear
into burning buildings or other toxic areas.

--
Lou

C.L. Furlong Enterprises
Home of: Electronics Plus and Gifts & more.

Web Site is...
KA3FLU.W3RON.COM
Still under construction.
"S-Meter" wrote in message
nk.net...
The scuba-like breathing apparatus used by firefighters I think.

Ryan, KC8PMX September 16th 03 07:04 AM

I am quite sure it was actually SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
and the reason why they probably said to leave the immediate area of the
fire, is that there are many/multiple carcinogens and poisons in fire gases.
It is also a requirement as well I am sure too......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
.com...