Old September 15th 03, 05:34 AM
Cubit

Default SCVA? on a fire channel

A neighbor's mobile home burned last night. At one point they said anyone
not wearing an SCVA was to leave the remains of the coach. What is that?
SCVA?

If I am remembering the acronym wrong, my apologies.

It is amazing how fast mobile homes become completely involved. It to 40
minutes before the fire was under control.

Old September 15th 03, 06:11 AM
tater schuld

could be SCBA self contained breathing aparatus.

--
Tater
President of MARS Club

.com...

Old September 15th 03, 04:48 PM
S-Meter

The scuba-like breathing apparatus used by firefighters I think.

Old September 16th 03, 03:16 AM
Lou

It is S C B A... Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.. The tanks they wear
into burning buildings or other toxic areas.

--
Lou

C.L. Furlong Enterprises
Home of: Electronics Plus and Gifts & more.

Web Site is...
KA3FLU.W3RON.COM
Still under construction.
"S-Meter" wrote in message
nk.net...
The scuba-like breathing apparatus used by firefighters I think.

Old September 16th 03, 07:04 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

I am quite sure it was actually SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
and the reason why they probably said to leave the immediate area of the
fire, is that there are many/multiple carcinogens and poisons in fire gases.
It is also a requirement as well I am sure too......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
.com...

Channel Master choices John Antenna 0 May 4th 04 12:44 AM
Many many digital tone burst on channel 23 Night Ranger CB 2 October 9th 03 10:41 PM
Phoenix Az fire on 800mhz L ORANGE TOO JA MORAN Scanner 0 September 13th 03 06:09 PM
above channel 30 ssb only..? dont eat those big macs fatty CB 7 August 20th 03 05:31 PM