Old September 15th 03, 07:41 PM
RSK

Default Scanner and FRS Radio

I am trying to build a box to use a headset with a microphone a scanner and
a FRS radio. I want to be able to listen to the Scanner and communicate
with the FRS radio using a PTT button on the box to activate the mic on the
headset to talk thru the FRS radio. I know someone has done this and has
probably put this project on the net. If anyone has seen this type of
project I would appreciate any advice. I have no real electrical
experience. I have made such a box but it has some bugs. I get feedback
thru the mic from the scanner so it transmits both the spoken word and what
is being heard on the scanner. As I said I am no electrician so I am not
really sure how to rectify this problem

Old September 16th 03, 06:58 PM
NFG

What you mean is you are not an electronic tech, I'm sure there are some
electricians out there that know some electronics, but just because someone
is an electrician does NOT mean they know anything about electronics.

Old September 17th 03, 03:37 AM
Cubit

This is not exacly what you asked for, but why not see if the FRS radio has
a VOX option. If so, you could put the FRS radio next to the scanner and
it would transmit the sound from the scanner....

Of course, that may not be legal....

Old September 17th 03, 06:21 AM
tater schuld

"Cubit" wrote in message
.com...
This is not exacly what you asked for, but why not see if the FRS radio

has
a VOX option. If so, you could put the FRS radio next to the scanner and
it would transmit the sound from the scanner....

Of course, that may not be legal....

not what he asked for, but sounds like a good repeater for frs

--
Tater
President of MARS Club