Old September 19th 03, 01:58 AM
DeWayne

Default Pro-95?

I am considering buying a Pro-95. Is there a better trunking scanner for the
money? What do you like? Thanks!
DeWayne

Old September 19th 03, 05:27 AM

"DeWayne" wrote:

I am considering buying a Pro-95. Is there a better trunking scanner for the
money? What do you like? Thanks!

It works great for motorola trunked systems. I have been very pleased with
mine.

Old September 19th 03, 05:54 PM
keith

I still don't get it.

Is this how they send bulletins to patrols ?

"Keith" wrote in message
k.net...
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:43:45 -0400,
keith in wrote:

wrote in message
ink.net...
"DeWayne" wrote:

I am considering buying a Pro-95. Is there a better trunking scanner

for
the
money? What do you like? Thanks!

It works great for motorola trunked systems. I have been very pleased

with
mine.

What is a trunked system ?

A radio system that uses a digital control channel to assign frequencies
to users of that system to better mange and use the spectrum.

http://www.trunkedradio.net/

--
Best Regards, Keith AOL IM:kilowattradio
NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.org/

Old September 20th 03, 05:43 PM
List Administration

"keith" wrote in :

What is a trunked system ?

Multi frequency system that is computer controlled. "Channels" are not
used. Instead, computer-assigned, "talkgroups" are used. Communications
traffic on one talkgroup can be assigned different frequencies on a first-
come first-served, basis.

A conventional scanner cannot follow a specific conversation, due to this
system. A trunking capable scanner can follow this traffic easily. A more
advanced trunking scanner, like the pro-92, 93, 95, and 96 can also allow
you to put alphanumeric "tags" on talkgroups, thus allowing you to identify
them at a glance.