Old September 22nd 03, 09:03 AM
Barry

Default Scanner/Computer control problem

Hi. . .

I have an Alinco DJ-X2000 scanner and I'm having trouble connecting it to
the computer to use the computer control software. I have the correct RS232
serial cable and the scanner is connected properly to the computer using
this cable. When I start the software and click on 'read from scanner', I
get a message "a communication error occured: 1.". And then "Cannot find
DJ-X2000". I assume that I am having a problem with the port configuration.

Can anyone help me figure this out? How can I find out what comm ports I
have physically on this computer, and if they are being used.

I love this scanner, but really need to use the software to help program the
freqs. into it.

Thanks in advance, Barry