Old October 2nd 03, 02:39 PM
Bill

Default compare uniden 250 and 785

Other than one being a handheld and the other for mobile or desk use, are
there any differences in performance?

Old October 2nd 03, 07:00 PM
GeorgeF

Bill wrote:
Other than one being a handheld and the other for mobile or desk use, are
there any differences in performance?

Major difference. The 785 suffers from FM overload and Intermod
problems. So much so that it lowers the sensitivity to nearly the
point of uselessness in the 225-400 MHz range.

The 250 does not have any of these problems and appears to be a very
well built (from an electrical/RF standpoint) radio.

I have many many radios in the shack (19 scanners plus HF rigs) and the
785 is the biggest dissapointment I've seen. The 785 however will
receive digital systems well, but when it comes to Milair or Civil air
bands forget it....

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com/shack.html - Pictures of my Shack.
http://www.MilAirComms.com