RadioBanter

-   -   LOL Something funny I just heard during a chase (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/34747-lol-something-funny-i-just-heard-during-chase.html)

Dwayne November 14th 03 05:08 PM

In article ,
othanks says...
Yeah, great that idiots like that are on our streets with guns telling us
what
to do.

Did you ever think that the policeman was describing the individual as being
bald on top with gray on the sides? Of course not, you're too busy laughing at
your own 'wit'.

If's easy to sit on your ass and criticize other people who are trying to do a
serious job without being crippled or killed doing it.

Your 'donut shop' quip was so original and amusing, too.

James S. Prine
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

Get a sence of humor. For Gods sake why does everyone have to be so
serious and bitch about everything here. It seems that one post cant go
by without some smart ass response.
--
Dwayne

Ghost writer November 14th 03 05:54 PM

"Dwayne" wrote in message
.net...
[...]

For the record, I have "several" friends who are cops. It is a tough job a
lot of the time. Maybe not all, but a lot. They have "fun" when they can -
like most do. Being a firefighter and previous Paramedic, I know that you
have to find humor when possible.. Some of the things you see stick with you
for life. You do the job when others run from it. Call it a sick sense of
humor, but you have to deal with the outcome of the calls. Don't believe me,
if you're not involved, try it sometime. And yes, WE ALL have our bad
apples. There isn't a profession on this earth that doesn't.

As to the words said on the radios, in excitement, or blank of mind, people
often say things that they wish they hadn't. Others tend to not want them to
forget. They play up on those words and the person who uttered them never
lives them down.
As most things, you can merely look upon them as "bloopers". Like clips of
movie takes, comedies, sit-coms, etc. NO ONE IS PERFECT. The TV bloopers
unless live TV, can be edited. Things said over a radio can not.

Regardless of the bloopers made on a radio, so long as those men and women
are out doing their jobs to protect us from the scum we all face, a blooper
is insignificant as opposed to a threat to my security.

So, try to look upon this with the humor as was intended (I believe). I'm
sure they have as well, with a red face!

G.W.

James S. Prine November 14th 03 06:15 PM

Get a sence of humor. For Gods sake why does everyone have to be so
serious and bitch about everything here. It seems that one post cant go
by without some smart ass response.

LOL...actually, I have a sense of humor.
But describing police officers as 'idiots with guns', etc, isn't particularly
funny, nor do I think the miserable 'cops & donut shop' quips as being funny,
either, unless of course one still counts with one's fingers and toes g.

No, that original post was nasty, not funny, and I stand by my response.

James S. Prine November 14th 03 06:27 PM

"Ghost writer" wrote this:

For the record, I have "several" friends who are cops. It is a tough job a
lot of the time. Maybe not all, but a lot. They have "fun" when they can -
like most do. Being a firefighter and previous Paramedic, I know that you
have to find humor when possible.. Some of the things you see stick with you
for life. You do the job when others run from it. Call it a sick sense of
humor, but you have to deal with the outcome of the calls. Don't believe me,
if you're not involved, try it sometime. And yes, WE ALL have our bad
apples. There isn't a profession on this earth that doesn't.

LOL...actually, I agree with you a hundred percent, with all this.

As to the words said on the radios, in excitement, or blank of mind, people
often say things that they wish they hadn't. Others tend to not want them to
forget. They play up on those words and the person who uttered them never
lives them down.
As most things, you can merely look upon them as "bloopers". Like clips of
movie takes, comedies, sit-coms, etc. NO ONE IS PERFECT. The TV bloopers
unless live TV, can be edited. Things said over a radio can not.

Agreed.

Regardless of the bloopers made on a radio, so long as those men and women
are out doing their jobs to protect us from the scum we all face, a blooper
is insignificant as opposed to a threat to my security.

So, try to look upon this with the humor as was intended (I believe). I'm
sure they have as well, with a red face!

I stand corrected, Ghost Writer; thanks for setting me straight.

FWIW, I have a unique interest in police humor...Hell, I even wrote a book
about it... and I admit that I've worked with too many good cops over the
years...and buried a few of them...to just sit idly by when I feel that the
good guys are being unfairly criticized.

Take care, and good luck!

Ghost writer November 14th 03 06:48 PM

"James S. Prine" wrote in message
Get a sence of humor. For Gods sake why does everyone have to be so
serious and bitch about everything here. It seems that one post cant go
by without some smart ass response.

LOL...actually, I have a sense of humor.
But describing police officers as 'idiots with guns', etc, isn't

particularly
funny, nor do I think the miserable 'cops & donut shop' quips as being

funny,
either, unless of course one still counts with one's fingers and toes g.

No, that original post was nasty, not funny, and I stand by my response.

James S. Prine
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

In that regard I DO agree with you. COPS aren't as they used to be... they
are now all required to undergo vast training. Even in smaller areas. It
isn't like the past where most anyone could be given a badge and gun. Even
the Constables. A few years ago, you got elected, you were the man. No
training necessary. NOT NOW. The world has changed.

COPS are human, they too are prone to errors. IT HAPPENS! WE ALL DO. I've
seen people take cops as idiots when the cops were merely trying to cut them
a break. The people involved were the "idiots". Basically, "I" have come
away with the thought that anyone who hates cops, "USUALLY" has a past with
them. They got caught speeding, dealing, whatever. Yes, I'm human too, I've
been busted speeding twice. It was MY fault, not the cops. Why blame them?
If a person can't admit to their own mistakes and learn from them, then I
pity them. However, when I got busted, I didn't give them a bunch of bull
****. Being I didn't, they cut me a break. They said so. One guy had me dead
to rights. I wasn't thinking - was consumed by a days events and was way
over in my speed. He wrote me up for 10 over. And I'm going to argue that?
HELL NO. Don't be an ass and you won't have a problem. Take your punishment
like a man/woman. Admit to your mistakes. Why make it harder?

And since we're into the Holidays.. One thing I DO ADVOCATE is a DESIGNATED
DRIVER. I've pulled far too many people out of crashes, INNOCENT victims.
Children killed. So, PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. If you're caught DUI,
don't blame the cops, they didn't make you drink it. They're only trying to
keep you from killing someone, maybe even yourself.
G.W.

Ghost writer November 14th 03 06:51 PM

"Ghost writer" wrote this:

[...]

You too, my friend..... Happy Holidays to you and yours and to the rest of
the NG readers. G.W.

WilleeCue November 14th 03 07:03 PM

James, I got to agree with you here.
"Cops and donut shops" is a bit old and is a stupid thing to even say.
It is no more true than saying every truck driver takes speed to stay awake.
It is so stupid it just isn't funny anymore if it ever was.

What is funny is those cop chases on TV narrated by some idiot that blows
every thing to the extreme.
If the guy is going 45 mph he will describe it a dangerously high speed
chase.
One fox with 20 hounds chasing over hill and dale with a play by play
unrealistic description.
But even those are getting old and less entertaining as they seem to be made
for the 10 year old mentality.

William Lee

Soliloquy November 15th 03 12:46 AM

othanks (James S. Prine) wrote in
:

Why is it that cops, firemen, and EMTs feel that they have some kind of
patent on working dangerous jobs? I also work at a dangerous job, and I,
like any of you, have the same option. If I don't like the danger, I can
quit.

You see, I work in heavy industry, around voltages such as 13,800, 4160,
2140, and 480. At these voltages, when things go wrong, people die. I
also work around gas streams that are the byproducts of the process. I
work around Hydrogen Sulfide, Hydrogen Cyanide, Benzene, and the like.
One breath of the first 2 gasses instantly renders you unconscious. More
may render you dead. The last is quite carcinogenic. Die now or later, if
you will. (an expression, not a threat).

People are crushed, burned, they fall, things fall on them, they are
electrocuted, they are gassed. I think, of a working population of about
1200, we average 1.5 deaths a year, the injury rate is quite high, the
injuries are not uncommonly serious, many debilitating. People develop
cancer, I saw a 33 year old man die of cancer of everything. (liver,
bones, pancreas, etc.), he had been married only a couple of years and
recently had a child.

There were no 400 car long police escorts for a fallen comrade. The media
did not cover the funerals ad nauseam. There were no black wreaths
hanging on the plant entrance.

The dead from my plant and industry share something in common with dead
police and firemen. They are dead. They died violently, they died
unexpectedly.

They differ in that few know that they died. I never thought that we
would hear the end of the courageous stories from 911. The police this,
the firemen that, etc. The problem with this endless adulation of the
public service section is that it masked the courageousness of the
citizens that contributed as much or more than the police and firemen.

We are all people, we all have a job to do, and we all have the option of
quitting the job if we fear it too much. I respect cops, I listen to the
scanner daily, I have a relative that is a cop here. Of the Pittsburgh
police, I think they are professional, concerned, able, and overall
decent people. One cannot help to share in the humor of their occasional
mistakes in speaking or understanding.

We recently had a dispatch for an unruly woman at a Hair Styling Salon,
the name of the establishment is Tantrum. The officer said to the
dispatcher "in other words, there is a woman having a tantrum at
Tantrum". The dispatcher laughed and said "I was thinking that as well".

I heard a call where the dispatcher said that the car in question had
"tinted wendells" (meaning to say windows). The officer called for a
confirmation, and said, "did you say that the car has tinted wendells?",
and before he had completed his call to the dispatcher, his partner could
be heard in a burst of laughter in the background, no doubt incredulous
that he had repeated the dispatch verbatim. I don't think that the
dispatcher was amused, but she replied "affirmative".

Likely you will take umbrage with this post, so to save myself the
recriminations, I have killfiled it.

Regards

FWIW, I have a unique interest in police humor...Hell, I even wrote a
book about it... and I admit that I've worked with too many good cops
over the years...and buried a few of them...to just sit idly by when I
feel that the good guys are being unfairly criticized.

Take care, and good luck!

James S. Prine
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

--
Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

Ghost writer November 15th 03 01:01 AM

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
4...
[...]

Oh, hit and run, eh????? Well, being a firefighter and previous medic, I
DON'T KNOW. I didn't make those rules. Maybe an old timer can answer that.
I'm too young to know why that tradition started. I feel soldiers have the
same rights as well! They're defending our honor and freedoms. G.W.

Frank November 15th 03 02:51 AM

^ "Soliloquy" 4...
^ Why is it that cops, firemen, and EMTs feel that they
^ have some kind of patent on working dangerous jobs?

Ghost writer ...
^ Well, being a firefighter and previous medic, I DON'T KNOW.
^ I didn't make those rules. Maybe an old timer can answer that.
^ I'm too young to know why that tradition started. I feel
^ soldiers have the same rights as well! They're defending our
^ honor and freedoms. G.W.

Public servants are given the extra attention to help compensate for their
low pay. The public does not want to pay them more and they don't want them
to quit, thus the extra attention. With other dangerous jobs, such as
"Siloliquy's", the pay is not usually determined by the public. In those jobs
if they think their pay doesn't compensate for the danger they should take it
up with their employer.

Their is also the patriotism angle that we saw with this last war. The public
can be made to appreciate the actions of the government more by commending
our heroes -- their sons and daughters.

It is nothing more than a tool.

Frank