Old November 16th 03, 07:42 PM
James S. Prine

Clifton T. Sharp Jr. wrote:

I almost pooped my pants when we were taught the Illinois regulations for
driving with lights and sirens. The laws are such that if a car "driving
code" is sitting at a full stop and some drunk loses control, spins out,
rolls over, and hits him, the guy with the lights and sirens is responsible.
Fortunately, the courts hold otherwise if there's any evidence that the
"code" car wasn't responsible.

It's much the same in Louisiana...no matter who is truly at fault in a given
situation, the police are nearly always held responsible, as far as civil
liabilities, etc.

Really makes you want to run around and help people, eh?

James S. Prine
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/