Old November 28th 03, 04:12 PM
HarryC

Default Pro-95 Owners

Anyone have any idea what this guy could possibly be selling? I think it is
widely known that you can enter additional non-cellular frequencies into
the Pro-95 with 'Win95' software and a programming cable. What could this
possibly be above any beyond that?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gename=rvi:1:1

Harryc

Old November 28th 03, 09:56 PM
Dwayne

In article , harryc56
lid says...

--

Its the same thing that you can get from Don Starr for free. I emailed
that bozo on ebay and learned that he is a total fraud. I like how he
Old November 28th 03, 10:37 PM
Bill Crocker

HarryC wrote:
Anyone have any idea what this guy could possibly be selling? I think it is
widely known that you can enter additional non-cellular frequencies into
the Pro-95 with 'Win95' software and a programming cable. What could this
possibly be above any beyond that?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gename=rvi:1:1

Harryc
--

Considering the person has zero feedbacks on eBay, I wouldn't be too
quick to send him any money...considering the wild claims.

Bill Crocker
Old November 28th 03, 10:46 PM
HarryC

Thanks Dwayne, I figured that something like that was up . Appreciate the
information.
Harryc
--

"Dwayne" wrote in message
.net...
In article , harryc56
lid says...

Old November 29th 03, 10:37 AM
core_dump

"HarryC" wrote in
:

Anyone have any idea what this guy could possibly be selling? I think
it is widely known that you can enter additional non-cellular
frequencies into the Pro-95 with 'Win95' software and a programming
cable. What could this possibly be above any beyond that?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6959&category=
40979&sspagename=rvi:1:1

Harryc
--

"ATTENTION:

To clarify some issues that have been popping up in the hundreds of
emails I have been receiving:

You are bidding on data files, not software. The files make it possible
to scan frequencies that you cannot otherwise enter into the GRE made
RadioShack scanners. The software used to enter these codes into the
scanner is free.

I am not selling the capability of listening to cellular frequencies. I
an true to the fact that certain analog cell phones and cordless phones
can be monitored, however, to do so would be illegal. The only
frequencies that are absolutely not possible to be programmed into the
scanner between 0 and 1300MHz are 824 to 848.99375MHz and 868.99375 to
893.99375MHz. These sets of frequencies are always completely blocked by
the scanner because they are considered primary radiotelephone
frequencies by the FCC."

So what he's basically selling are Win95 data files, which anyone can
create and Don Starr tells you how to create and are available around the
Internet, for the starting bid of $3.95

Well two people fell for it, and the final bid was $6.40.

--
-core_dump

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Old December 2nd 03, 10:54 PM
Jim Douglas

We should each create a dummy ebay account and run the price of these way
up! That wold be wrong though, ah forget it!