Old December 15th 03, 04:11 AM
csormond

Default Whcih scanner should I ask Santa for? Newbie question

I have decided to purchase a trunking scanner for myself for
Christmas, but after having been out of the hobby for several years, I
find that I am rather ignorant what type to get. I live in Tampa and
would like to monitor Police, Fire, etc... After researching this on
the web, I found a couple of sites that say Tampa uses: Motorola Type
II SmartZone Analog/Digital/Encrypted Trunked system. Provided that
this is accurate and updated info, what type of scanner should I
purchase? Also, what do they mean by, "Analog/Digital/Encrypted"?
Is it possbile to listen to Digital or Encrypted these days? Also, if
any of you guys live in Tampa can you tell me if this is correct info
and/or direct to the correct frequencies to program?

scanner \ cellular phone question [email protected] Homebrew 5 August 23rd 04 03:13 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM
McDonald CE-206 Scanner Question Jim Peters Scanner 1 August 16th 03 03:59 AM