Old December 20th 03, 03:02 AM
Mike M.

Default Base Scanner Recommendations?

Hi,
My Radio Shack 2006 is getting old. Any ideas on a good base type
scanner? I live in a rural location.
Thank you.
Mike
Old December 20th 03, 04:10 PM
Rob Mills

If you are in a rural area and don't need anything for trunking and etc I
would hang onto the 2006. I'm in a very bizzy city and have a 2006 (bought
it new) and a BC895XLT (and a handful of hand helds) which does great but
still rely on my 06 when not listening to trunked signals. RM~

om...

Old December 24th 03, 12:23 AM
Soliloquy

(Mike M.) wrote in news:5780fb10.0312191902.2144d9c4
@posting.google.com:

http://scanpix1.home.att.net/RS/pro2006.jpg

The 2006, very nice radio.

I have the Uniden 785D, presently without the card required to receive
Digital Communications. I believe that the Uniden 780 is a good radio,
there has been much discussion about the 780 and 785D.

In the city, I have been plagued by intermod interference on most of my
radios, including the Uniden 785D.

If you intend to remain in the country (God, believe me, I wish I lived
in the country), the only things that you stand to improve with a new
radio is number of channels and perhaps sensitivity.

Though 400 Channels is quite impressive for the 2006, with a little
thought I would imagine that it would be easy to eventually fill in the
1000 channels available to the 780 and 785D. If you have less activity in
the country, you can compensate for it by monitoring more channels.
(Railroad, Aircraft, FRS, CB, HAM, obviously the State and County police,
etc.)

I am not really familiar with the 2006, though I have lusted for it over
the years. Do you use an outdoor scanner antenna?

Perhaps an AOR scanner might be an appreciated step up. Maybe others can
post their experience with AOR units.

Merry Christmas.

--
Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

FA:***** NOS "SUPER SCANNER" Base antenna****** KF6IKC CB 1 October 31st 04 06:44 PM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
recommendations for a good handheld scanner Scanner 0 November 9th 03 07:32 PM
base scanner Adrew237 Scanner 1 October 28th 03 04:14 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM