Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3rd 04, 11:20 PM
Leonard Jenkins

Default Lojack questions

I frequently monitor the nationwide (well, major cities)
Lojack frequency of 173.075 Mhz here in Norh Miami, FL...

From time-to-time I can hear (fairly strong) a burst of data, about
a quarter of a second long, and repeats approx once a minute.

Their website states that Lojack beacons are activated from transmitters
placed on "Police Radio Towers".
But I recall once reading that they are activated via local FM Broadcast
stations by means of signalling on the SCA.

Can anyone confirm or clarify this?

I would suspect that Lojack tells the public that activation is from
the "Police Radio Towers" to give the public that "Warm and fuzzy, confident"
feeling...

Does anyone know if ANY activity heard on 173.075 is indeed activated
Lojack devices, or maybe am I hearing messages being sent out to activate
the units ?

Can anyone share any experiences of having reported to their police, sheriff,
or state highway patrol, reception of a activated Lojack?

Are there any law enforcement officers that can comment what a activated
Lojack would sound like?

AR88 Restoration project: Some Questions. joe landy Boatanchors 6 November 26th 04 03:10 PM
Extra Class License Study Material Drink Antenna 13 February 19th 04 08:29 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
BEWARE SPENDING TIME ANSWERING QUESTIONS HERE (WAS Electronic Questions) CW Antenna 1 September 5th 03 06:20 PM