Old January 8th 04, 07:15 PM
Woolridge

Default fast food prankster

http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/...4_20040108.htm

Old January 8th 04, 10:48 PM
Jim Douglas

OK, this made me laugh quite a bit! Can you imagine the looks on the faces
of the customers!

Old January 8th 04, 11:44 PM
Bill Crocker

Excellent! I work in the area! I first heard about this on the news this
morning, driving into work, on 89x (88.7FM). I was laughing so hard I
almost hit the curb! This is halarous. Sounds like something I would have
done in my younger days. I did prank the walkie-talkies at Mott High
School, in Warren, Michigan, back when my son was attending there. That was
good for a few laughs!

Bill Crocker

Old January 9th 04, 01:10 AM
mike

great story.
years ago in the uk when usa am cb first reared it's head here in the mid
70's
many national petrol stations had 'just' gone over to the new 'self-service'
pumps.
they had a pa system to help people use it.
we used to sit behind one station & 'key-up' with various comments that came
over rather clearly on the system due to poor isolation/breakthru.

hehe the fun you can have with rf breakthru etc

mike

"Woolridge" wrote in message
http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/...4_20040108.htm

---

Old January 9th 04, 01:12 AM
Rico

"Woolridge" wrote in
:

http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/...4_20040108.htm

good one.
I think my best scanner realted prank was me and a friend were listening to
cordless phones and someone on their block ordered a pizza from
Dominos,with pepperoni and xtra cheese.
,After he hung up,an idea flashed through my mind.
I asked my buddy what dominos number is (since all people in the
neighborhood would be calling the same dominos) So I called and said 'Yeah
this is Jim,I just ordered a large pepperoni pizza for xxxxxx street - I
was wondering if you can make that green peppers,pineapple and xtra
anchovies instead',to which they replied ..'No problem!.'
You shoulda heard that guy call them back and cuss them out..Saying 'Dammit
I hate anchovies ... Why the hell would I order xtra anchovies !!'

Old January 9th 04, 03:26 AM
Woolridge

hahah...

i heard a similar story where they canceled the delivery.
you can imagine the frustration on the person who placed the order.
where's my friggin' pizza?!

"Rico" wrote in message
9.130...
"Woolridge" wrote in
:

Old January 9th 04, 03:37 AM
Jason Wagner

http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/...4_20040108.htm

Great story. Great way to get more legislation passed restricting radios
and scanners. Wait till the FCC finds out. Boy oh boy, this guy is my
hero....

Old January 9th 04, 03:45 AM
Mark

"Woolridge" rob wrote in message
hahah...

i heard a similar story where they canceled the delivery.
you can imagine the frustration on the person who placed the order.
where's my friggin' pizza?!

That's alright, you ought to see what happens when you order a pizza and
tell the order-taker to deliver it to the police dept. I used to be a
dispatcher, and trying to order a pizza or sandwich delivered was almost
impossible. They just wouldn't believe that it was a legit order.

Mark

Old January 9th 04, 03:54 AM
Bill Crocker

Technically, they may not be doing anything illegal. I recall some of those
fast food radios are in the 31MHz area. A normal C.B. radio, in close
proximity, could easily wash over those radios. Legal power C.B.s used to
get picked up on T.V.'s, and P.A. systems all the time.

Why would this prompt more legislation restricting radios and scanners?
Scanners don't transmit, and they already have enough adiquate laws
concerning transmitters. New ones won't solve anything.

I think it's refreshing seeing todays youth having good clean fun, and a
sense of humor!

Bill Crocker

Old January 9th 04, 05:50 AM
Elephant

Woolridge wrote:

http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/...4_20040108.htm

In Nebraska, my hometown use to activate the tornado and civil
defense sirens using a series of tones that were transmitted over
the regular police channels.

I built a small 10 milliwatt transmitter to that frequency, recorded
the tones when they tested them, then would drive by a siren and play
back the tones. Sure enough, I could set off the tornado sirens.
Not city wide, of course. People sure would come out and look around
when the tornado sirens were going off in January with snow coming down.