Old January 18th 04, 05:57 AM
JMC

Default Key pad fix

I was having problems with the keypad on several older programmable scanners
(Pro 43 & 26) and found this great fix called Lub-a-Spray made by Panef for
$1.75 at the local hardware store. All I did was remove the case, remove
the rubber keypad, lay it on a paper plate with the underside face up and
squirt this dry graphite lube into all the open spots with the applicator,
shake the loose material off, place back in the scanner and it works like
new. Be very careful with this stuff, as it's quite messy, but it works
great.

Old January 18th 04, 02:21 PM
Bill Crocker

Sound hard to beleive, considering graphite is conductive. I would think it
would short things out?

Bill Crocker

Old January 18th 04, 05:32 PM
mike

well thats the idea...
it replaces the wornout conductive tits on each key...

mike

"JMC" wrote in message
I was having problems with the keypad on several older programmable

scanners
(Pro 43 & 26) and found this great fix called Lub-a-Spray made by Panef

for
$1.75 at the local hardware store. All I did was remove the case,

remove
the rubber keypad, lay it on a paper plate with the underside face up

and
squirt this dry graphite lube into all the open spots with the

applicator,
shake the loose material off, place back in the scanner and it works

like
new. Be very careful with this stuff, as it's quite messy, but it works
great.

---

Old January 20th 04, 02:35 AM
Quaoar

JMC wrote:
I was having problems with the keypad on several older programmable
scanners (Pro 43 & 26) and found this great fix called Lub-a-Spray
made by Panef for $1.75 at the local hardware store. All I did was
remove the case, remove the rubber keypad, lay it on a paper plate
with the underside face up and squirt this dry graphite lube into all
the open spots with the applicator, shake the loose material off,
place back in the scanner and it works like new. Be very careful
with this stuff, as it's quite messy, but it works great.

I've done similar with a very thin layer of rubber cement and graphite.
works great.