Old January 19th 04, 02:12 PM
SouthDakotaRadio

Default How did you celebrate MLK Day today?

What did you do to celebrate Dr. King's legacy and embrace cultural diversity
on the Dr. King holiday?
Old January 19th 04, 03:25 PM
Paul Keenleyside

"SouthDakotaRadio" wrote in message
What did you do to celebrate Dr. King's legacy and embrace cultural

diversity
on the Dr. King holiday?

There's been cultural diversity here in Canada since about 1970 as we are a
multicultural society.

With much respect to Dr. King and his legacy, what does this have to do with
radio?

Old January 19th 04, 04:18 PM
Frank

Paul Keenleyside ZFSOb.45685$De.4722@edtnps84...

^ "SouthDakotaRadio" ...
^ What did you do to celebrate Dr. King's legacy and embrace cultural
^ diversity on the Dr. King holiday?

^ With much respect to Dr. King and his legacy, what does this have
^ to do with radio?

Absolutely nothing. It's sole purpose is to stir up off-topic controversy.
And it will. The key phrase is "cultural diversity", which some people think
there is too much of and others who think there is not enough of.

Some people will react because they're too naive to recognize that they're
being manipulated into a reaction and others will react because to them it is
a game they enjoy; stirring up anger.

Frank

Old January 19th 04, 06:30 PM

Four things I'll bet you didn't know about Martin Luther King and some
comments:

1. His name wasn't Martin Luther. It was Michael. It was decided
Martin Luther had a more prominent ring to it, so he went by that He
never legally changed his name. To this day, he lived and died as
Michael King

2. While working on his dissertation for his doctoral degree at Boston
University, he heavily plagiarized from another author who had done
research on a subject similar to King's. An academic committee later
found that over half of Kings work was plagiarized, yet would not
revoke his doctorate degree. King was
dead by this time, and the committee ruled that revoking the title
would serve no purpose. It was also discovered that King's famous I
HAVE A DREAM speech was also not his own. He stole it from a sermon by
Archibald Carey, a popular black preacher in the 1950's.

3. King was under FBI surveillance for several years (until he died)
due to his ties with communist organizations throughout the country.
King accepted money from the organizations to fund his movements. In
return, King had to appoint communist leaders to run certain districts
of his SCLC (Southern Christian Leadership Conference), who then could
project their communist ideas to larger
audiences. A federal judge in the 60's ruled that the FBI files on
King links to communism to remain top-secret until 2027. Senator
Jesse Helms appealed to the Supreme Court in 1983 to release the
files, so the bill in the Senate to create the Martin Luther King
Federal Holiday could be abolished. He was denied.

4. One of King's closest friends, Rev. Ralph Abernathy, wrote a book
in 1989 in which he talked about King's obsession with white
prostitutes. King would often use church donations to have drunken
sex parties, where he would hire two to three white prostitutes,
occasionally beating them brutally. The FBI
agents who monitored King have also reported this. King was married
with four children.

Martin Luther King Day is a day on which this country comes to a
screeching halt so we can have parades and memorials to honor this
man, a man that most of the world views as a saint for his role in the
civil rights movement:

No other public holiday in the United States honors a single
individual; Of all the great leaders in our Nation's history-none of
them have their own holiday;

- All of our great war heroes share Memorial Day;

- All of our great presidents share President's Day.

Yet King -- a man who was a phony, a cheater, a traitor, and a sexual
degenerate gets a day of his own.

I have a big problem with that. I'm not trying to take anything away
from African Americans, but I am simply trying to point out that:

- The vast majority of people are sorely mistaken about Michael King;

- Reverse discrimination is blatantly obvious everywhere you look
today.

Have you been watching the news lately? President Bush just got
himself in some hot water when he spoke out against the University of
Michigan for giving black applicants precedence over more qualified
white applicants.

Now Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and other black leaders are trashing
him, without a doubt planning how they can use this. Think about that
- Bush just made a stand for equal human rights, but lo and behold --
in this case the blacks didn't want to be treated as equals.

Make up your own minds, but I feel like I belong to one of the more
abused ethnic groups in this country today.

Can I do anything about it? Absolutely not. If I dare speak out I'll
get labeled a racist, harassed by the media, subsequently lose my job,
and never be able to show my face in public again.

But what I can do is send this e-mail to as many people I know in
hopes that when you're watching the evening news on Martin Luther King
Day, and you observe our politicians falling all over themselves to be
filmed in a black church, you'll keep these above facts in mind.

Old January 19th 04, 07:41 PM
GT Grand Prix 00

this does not belong in this group. please take it somewhere else

Old January 19th 04, 09:11 PM
SB

Absolutely nothing!

Old January 20th 04, 12:48 AM
Spectre

"SouthDakotaRadio" wrote in message
What did you do to celebrate Dr. King's legacy and embrace cultural

diversity
on the Dr. King holiday?

Went to Target, Home Depot, and Lowe's. That's about it.

Old January 20th 04, 06:01 AM
W4JLE

We had a Birthday party for Robert E. Lee, our great Southern general. His
birthday was today.

"David Fuller" wrote in message
I agree with Paul

Old January 20th 04, 10:29 AM
Jim Douglas

Praised the lord cause there was no traffic. Other than that pretty much
nothing. But when was the last time we actually celebrated a holiday?