Old January 21st 04, 04:07 AM
casca

Default need help please! bc 145xl

picked up an older scanner what can you tell me about it?
bearcat BC145xl
newbie to this stuff , do I have a piece of crap or a good one to learn on ?
also no manual at all , need help to program
thanks
casca

Old January 21st 04, 11:13 AM
Ralph Mowery

?
also no manual at all , need help to program
thanks
casca

The scanner is fine. To program it put it hit the Manual key tuil the
desired chanel comes up. Then enter the frequency an hit the enter key. If
you press the Review key it will show what frequency is in the chanel one
digit at a time. Forgot the exect frequency range but it is close to 29 to
54 mhz, 140 to 170 mhz and 420 to 470 mhz. The WX or weather button willl
let you go to one of several weather station frequencies.
I have one I bought second hand about 10 years ago and it is still
scanning. It uses a capacitor to hold the memory if the power is lost or
unplugged suspose to be good for several hours.

Old January 22nd 04, 02:49 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Casca,

Try this site: