RadioBanter

-   -   Scanner won't pick up my GMRS radio--why? (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35302-scanner-wont-pick-up-my-gmrs-radio-why.html)

Dan Richman February 11th 04 10:55 PM

Scanner won't pick up my GMRS radio--why?

i just programmed my new PRO-95 with the GMRS frequencies, but when i
key my GMRS radio, even from across the room, the scanner stops on the
freq but produces only static and a barely readable signal. any idea
why that might be? shouldn't i be picking up the signal perfectly?

my two Vertex VX-400 radios, which i'm using for GMRS, communicate
perfectly with each other and with several off-the-shelf FRS/GMRS
radios.

thanks for any ideas why this might be happening!

dan richman

Brian T February 12th 04 08:24 AM

that may be it am mode does that

JerrSingle February 17th 04 10:38 AM

Subject: Scanner won't pick up my GMRS radio--why?
From: (Dan Richman)
Date: 2/11/2004 2:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
i just programmed my new PRO-95 with the GMRS frequencies, but when i
key my GMRS radio, even from across the room, the scanner stops on the
freq but produces only static and a barely readable signal. any idea
why that might be? shouldn't i be picking up the signal perfectly?

my two Vertex VX-400 radios, which i'm using for GMRS, communicate
perfectly with each other and with several off-the-shelf FRS/GMRS
radios.

thanks for any ideas why this might be happening!

dan richman

I have a Radio Shack PRO-38 and I can receive the GMRS and FRS Frequencies, if
I try to listen to myself while using the GMRS/FRS radio in the same room as
the scanner I get some static in my reception of the signal.

Tuxedo Darien

Greasy Rider February 17th 04 01:04 PM

On 17 Feb 2004 10:38:18 GMT, est (JerrSingle)
arranged phosphur particles on my screen with the following:

(snipped)

I have a Radio Shack PRO-38 and I can receive the GMRS and FRS Frequencies, if
I try to listen to myself while using the GMRS/FRS radio in the same room as
the scanner I get some static in my reception of the signal.

Tuxedo Darien

.....then your undies must be ungrounded silk. Try changing to cotton.

[email protected] June 8th 17 10:43 PM

Scanner won't pick up my GMRS radio--why?

Be advised that gmrs has PL tones you may want to consider turning off before you transmit and try to receive on scanner