Old February 11th 04, 11:55 PM
Dan Richman

Default Scanner won't pick up my GMRS radio--why?

i just programmed my new PRO-95 with the GMRS frequencies, but when i
key my GMRS radio, even from across the room, the scanner stops on the
freq but produces only static and a barely readable signal. any idea
why that might be? shouldn't i be picking up the signal perfectly?

my two Vertex VX-400 radios, which i'm using for GMRS, communicate
perfectly with each other and with several off-the-shelf FRS/GMRS
radios.

thanks for any ideas why this might be happening!

dan richman
Old February 12th 04, 12:02 AM
mike

can the pro-95 hit the freq exactly?
frs is an odd split not 12.5 spacing.

mike

"Dan Richman" wrote in message
om...
i just programmed my new PRO-95 with the GMRS frequencies, but when i
key my GMRS radio, even from across the room, the scanner stops on the
freq but produces only static and a barely readable signal. any idea
why that might be? shouldn't i be picking up the signal perfectly?

my two Vertex VX-400 radios, which i'm using for GMRS, communicate
perfectly with each other and with several off-the-shelf FRS/GMRS
radios.

thanks for any ideas why this might be happening!

dan richman

---

Old February 12th 04, 03:21 AM
Norm C.

Possibly your overloading the scanner transmitting so close.Try it with
them further apart.Another guess do you have the attenuator on for that
channel?

Old February 12th 04, 09:24 AM
Brian T

that may be it am mode does that

Old June 8th 17, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Be advised that gmrs has PL tones you may want to consider turning off before you transmit and try to receive on scanner