Old February 24th 04, 01:50 AM
Mike Torchio

Default Pro-94 "reset" modes; and any other RS scanners?

Hi all,
If anyone was interested, I have reset my Radio Shack Pro-94 scanner
and tested the so-called "reset" modes. I have found the following
results:

!!!!WARNING: Only do this if you are comfortable with having to
reprogram your scanner!!!!!!!!!!
***If you shut the scanner off while it is clearing or whatever (it
takes 5 seconds), the same process will continue when it is turned on
again. In other words, be CAREFUL if you don't want to lose your
memory!
Hold the following Flash on screen Result
buttons while turning
scanner on:
2+9 -Clear- Deletes all memory
2+9+Hold -Load- Fills first 500 memories with VHF
freqs
2+9+Scan -Load- Fills first two banks with random
___________________________________frequencies, and the remaining 8
with the ___________________________________same VHF as earlier
2+9+Prog -Load- Radio is stuck in unknown trunking
mode
2+9+Trunk "" ""
2+9+SRC "" In limit search @511MHz, no other
changes
2+9+Alt Nothing Shows 6 zeros, stuck in this mode
2+9+H/S "" Stuck in Weather Alert mode on
162.400
2+9+S/S -Load- Limit search at 173 MHz, no changes
2+9+Light -Load- Limit seach @511 MHz, no changes
2+9+Delay Nothing Stuck showing 6 zeros
2+9+. "" H shows up, staic comes out of
speaker
2+9+E All display shows Pressing some buttons after this
begins ____________________________________normal scan mode, no memory
changes
2+9+0 -Clear- Clears all memories
These are all the modes I could find. If anyone has anything else to
add, whether it is another trick, the results on another scanner,
modifications, or anything at all, leave a reply or email me.

Mike
"If your FM reception is weak, just wiggle the tubes. If there are no
tubes, throw the radio out and buy one with tubes."