Old February 29th 04, 03:36 PM
Tim

Default Audio output failing.

I have a Bearcat BC 145XL that has a very low volume output. After
searching Google, I found that some people have had the same trouble
with BC 800XLT models that were traced to bad caps.

The caps were identified for the BC 800XT in the posts, but my scanner
doesn't use the same IC and cap numbers, so I'm not sure which parts to
replace. I'm green when it comes electronics, so if anyone could guide
me to the audio output IC and capacitor, I would be grateful.

tim
Old February 29th 04, 04:38 PM
Frank346

Locate C52 next to IC2 (TBA820M) audio chip. This is a 470uF 10 volt
electrolytic capacitor connected to pin 8 of IC2. Change C52 to a 470uF 25
volt and be sure to put it in the same way as the original (+ marking in the
same direction). This will probably restore the audio.

.. .

Old March 1st 04, 12:15 AM
Tim

Frank346 wrote:

Locate C52 next to IC2 (TBA820M) audio chip. This is a 470uF 10 volt
electrolytic capacitor connected to pin 8 of IC2. Change C52 to a 470uF 25
volt and be sure to put it in the same way as the original (+ marking in the
same direction). This will probably restore the audio.

Thanks! I'll get to work on it right away.

Tim