Old March 2nd 04, 10:48 AM
Troy R.

Default UHF airband receivers

I am interested as to what people think is the best UHF airband receiver
available. I currently use a UBC780XLT for this range, but am considering
an alternative.

--
Regards
Troy Rowland

Old March 2nd 04, 10:54 AM
GeorgeF

Troy R. wrote:
I am interested as to what people think is the best UHF airband receiver
available. I currently use a UBC780XLT for this range, but am considering
an alternative.

The 780XLT is an excellent receiver for this range. I have 7 780's just
for MilAir scanning. I also have several of the newer 250D's, and
785D's. The 785D's are junk in this range, the 250D's are pretty good,
just one step below the 780.

I also have PRO-2006's, PRO2035's, PRO26, PRO2052, and PRO2045's, all of
which are older scanners and go well in this range. But from what I've
seen so far in the shack the 780XLT has a slight advanage for pulling
out the weak sigs and rejecting interference. As you can see my my
shack photos I really like the 780XLT -
http://www.MilAirComms.com/shack.html

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old March 2nd 04, 08:33 PM
Tim

GeorgeF wrote:
Troy R. wrote:
I am interested as to what people think is the best UHF airband
receiver available. I currently use a UBC780XLT for this range, but
am considering an alternative.

The 780XLT is an excellent receiver for this range. I have 7 780's
just for MilAir scanning. I also have several of the newer 250D's,
and 785D's. The 785D's are junk in this range, the 250D's are pretty
good, just one step below the 780.

I also have PRO-2006's, PRO2035's, PRO26, PRO2052, and PRO2045's, all
of which are older scanners and go well in this range. But from what
I've seen so far in the shack the 780XLT has a slight advanage for
pulling out the weak sigs and rejecting interference. As you can see
my my shack photos I really like the 780XLT -
http://www.MilAirComms.com/shack.html

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

That's a serious setup you've got there!
--
Tim Johns
Worcestershire, UK

Old March 2nd 04, 10:18 PM
Troy R.

What about the Uniden BC-895XLT? I have read a few reviews that say it is a
good airband receiver.

"Never anonymous Bud" wrote in message
While still snuggled in a 'spider hole', GeorgeF
scribbled:

The 780XLT is an excellent receiver for this range. I have 7 780's just
for MilAir scanning. I also have several of the newer 250D's, and
785D's. The 785D's are junk in this range, the 250D's are pretty good,
just one step below the 780.

Now, go look at the schematics for each of those radios,
THEN come tell us how they're each different.

To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity....

Old March 2nd 04, 11:13 PM
proma1

does the 895 cover milair band,i thought it missed it out??

"Never anonymous Bud" wrote in message
While still snuggled in a 'spider hole', "Troy R."
scribbled:

What about the Uniden BC-895XLT? I have read a few reviews that say it

is a
good airband receiver.

I use a 2006 for aircraft, but the 895 is a completely different base

design
from the 250/780/785 series

.

Old March 3rd 04, 11:15 PM
Geordie

As far as scanners go the 8200 AND 8600 AR I have found haVE super
sensitivity and handle strong ajacent chanel signals well for a broad band
receiver.

GEORDIE

u...