Old March 2nd 04, 10:48 AM
Troy R.

Default UHF airband receivers

I am interested as to what people think is the best UHF airband receiver
available. I currently use a UBC780XLT for this range, but am considering
an alternative.

--
Regards
Troy Rowland

Old March 2nd 04, 10:54 AM
GeorgeF

Troy R. wrote:
I am interested as to what people think is the best UHF airband receiver
available. I currently use a UBC780XLT for this range, but am considering
an alternative.

The 780XLT is an excellent receiver for this range. I have 7 780's just
for MilAir scanning. I also have several of the newer 250D's, and
785D's. The 785D's are junk in this range, the 250D's are pretty good,
just one step below the 780.

I also have PRO-2006's, PRO2035's, PRO26, PRO2052, and PRO2045's, all of
which are older scanners and go well in this range. But from what I've
seen so far in the shack the 780XLT has a slight advanage for pulling
out the weak sigs and rejecting interference. As you can see my my
shack photos I really like the 780XLT -
http://www.MilAirComms.com/shack.html

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old March 2nd 04, 08:33 PM
Tim

GeorgeF wrote:
Troy R. wrote:
I am interested as to what people think is the best UHF airband
receiver available. I currently use a UBC780XLT for this range, but
am considering an alternative.

The 780XLT is an excellent receiver for this range. I have 7 780's
just for MilAir scanning. I also have several of the newer 250D's,
and 785D's. The 785D's are junk in this range, the 250D's are pretty
good, just one step below the 780.

I also have PRO-2006's, PRO2035's, PRO26, PRO2052, and PRO2045's, all
of which are older scanners and go well in this range. But from what
I've seen so far in the shack the 780XLT has a slight advanage for
pulling out the weak sigs and rejecting interference. As you can see
my my shack photos I really like the 780XLT -
http://www.MilAirComms.com/shack.html

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

That's a serious setup you've got there!
--
Tim Johns
Worcestershire, UK

Old March 3rd 04, 11:15 PM
Geordie

As far as scanners go the 8200 AND 8600 AR I have found haVE super
sensitivity and handle strong ajacent chanel signals well for a broad band
receiver.

GEORDIE

u...