Old March 14th 04, 10:24 AM
John Burns

Default New Zealand video downlinks

Hi there,
I am trying to confirm / find out a couple of things.
1. What is the video downlink frequency from the NZ police auckland
helicopter (eagle) - is it 2.7GHz?
2. I am told this is a standard unencrypted video signal, is this correct?
3. Apparently the audio channel trnsmits gps information of the helicopter.
Has anyone tried to decode this?

Thanks
John Burns

---

Old March 14th 04, 09:20 PM
Marian P Rogers

I've have this secondhand, so can't 100% confirm myself.

According to a source the NZ Police HeliTele links are somewhere in
the 1.8-2.0Ghz range. I know someone using an Icom ICR-9000 and he
reckons he can rx them.

Regards, Marian P Rogers, New Zealand

Old March 14th 04, 10:06 PM
John Burns

Is there any way to confirm this?
I have access to a spectrum analyzer which goes up to 2.050GHz which I may
have to keep at the ready on my desk at work for when the chopper flies
over.........

John Burns
[To reply by email, change the phonetics in my address to letters]

-----

Old March 16th 04, 02:18 AM
John Burns

I cant seem to see a carrier except for the usual vodafone stuff at 1810MHz.
The spectrum analyzer I'm using goes up to 2150MHz.

Any other ideas?
Can anyone think of a cheap way of getting 2.7GHz? I've been told something
about a MMDS downconverter - does anyone know where I could get one from??

Thanks

-John

"John Burns" wrote in
message ...