Old March 25th 04, 02:25 AM

Default Vintage Regency Alert Monitor

I was looking for a monitor radio for my volunteer fire dept
activities and found this crystal Regency Alert Monitor for what seems
to be a decent price. Does anyone know anything about this monitor or
how the tones are set for my particular station?

Old March 25th 04, 02:38 AM
Lou

The tones are set up via a pair of capacitors and tuning pots. Not an easy
task with out equipment.. Been there done that. Did 13 of them. Have a
manual can sell you a copy of if your in need at some point. There are 2
versions of this, one is Digital Squelch Activation, the other is more like
just plain PL. The difference is the DSA units have no external squelch.
Also, no external "monitor/alert" switch. The nice ones have this switch
allowing you to listen to all on channel transmissions. I have 2 DSAs here.
I've not really gotten into all the jumpering yet to see what they'll allow
or not, but a pain in the ass compared to the regular units. Lots of luck!
Lou

Old March 25th 04, 06:38 AM
Ron Wilbanks

What frequency is your local volunteer fire department on?

wrote:

I was looking for a monitor radio for my volunteer fire dept
activities and found this crystal Regency Alert Monitor for what seems
to be a decent price. Does anyone know anything about this monitor or
how the tones are set for my particular station?

Sincerely yours,

Ron Wilbanks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Spam filter: -1 for the real thing!