Old March 31st 04, 01:21 AM
sean

Default need 42Mhz mobile antenna

Hey All,

I'm trying to find the best mobile antenna for receiving CHP transmissions
(around 42Mhz). The antenna has to be mounted on my vehicle (camaro),
so can't be too long (6ft max). An additional complication is lack of
good ground plane, I have a targa roof and the hood & trunk are
fibreglass.

My current thoughts are to locate a commercial base loaded
1/4 wave VHF whip and try and mount this to my towbar, but
that's not really much of a groundplane.

Anyone got any good ideas? Been a long time since I've played
around with antennas.

Thanks.
Sean in Santa Clara
Old March 31st 04, 06:14 AM
Eddie Haskel

Try the Larson NMO-50. It's a base loaded 52Mhz antenna for the ham band. It
will do pretty well if you dont cut it to frequency. Out of the box its
around 45Mhz....
It will mount in the area between the removeable roof panels. The NMO mount
requires a 7/8" hole. I have used for years on the 39 and 42Mhz CHP
channels...Eddie

m...

Old April 2nd 04, 02:59 AM
larryscan

"Eddie Haskel" wrote in message . com...
The 3942 / 39-42 low band antenna at bncantenna dot com is what you
are looking for. Its a MAXRAD commerical just for Calif service.