Old April 11th 04, 05:07 PM
Billy

Default Scanner for 900, 2.4 & 5 GHtz Range?

I'm looking for an inexpensive radio scanner (stationary or handheld type)
that can scan the 900, 2.4 & 5 GHtz frequencies. I also need it to have an
earphone jack to plug into a line-in device. Is there such a radio? Can you
give me a web link?

Old April 11th 04, 07:31 PM
DougSlug

You didn't give a range for your cost target, but the Icom IC-R3 (about
$370), Yaesu VR-5000 (about $600), AOR AR8200MkIII (about $570) or AOR
AR8600MkII (about $890) will get you up to the 2.4 GHz range (up to 3 GHz
for the AOR), but you can pretty much forget about 5 GHz in anything
"inexpensive". Most inexpensive scanners only go up to 1.3 GHz. The ones I
mentioned are probably about the least expensive units that go up to 2.4
GHz. All would have an earphone or line out jack.

Manufacturer links:
www.yaesu.com
www.aorusa.com or www.aoruk.com
www.icomamerica.com

- Doug

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
Pro-95 Scanner John Jenkins Scanner 2 January 16th 04 01:21 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
What is the frequency range of the Motorola Model T720 CDMA Digital Wireless scanner? Idris Alooma Scanner 0 October 2nd 03 05:01 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM