RadioBanter

-   -   Trunker via soundcard (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/35620-trunker-via-soundcard.html)

Pete April 12th 04 05:05 AM

Trunker via soundcard

Are there any 'trunker' type programs out there to monitor a Motorola
Smartnet Type II trunked system using the earphone socket and soundcard?

I don't want to install a discriminator tap ATM and don't want to get a FSK
converter cable either just yet.

Thanks

Panzer240 April 12th 04 02:53 PM

"Pete" dotcom@dotcomdotcom wrote in news:407a159b$0$25655$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

Are there any 'trunker' type programs out there to monitor a Motorola
Smartnet Type II trunked system using the earphone socket and soundcard?

I don't want to install a discriminator tap ATM and don't want to get a FSK
converter cable either just yet.

Thanks

There is a decent one for the PCR-1000, that works a treat here :) The
software is available free, the author will accept/deserves donations :)
However if you don't have a PCR-1000 it could hardly be called free ;)

Info is here in case your interest is piqued :)

http://104452.home.icq.com/trunkpcr/TrunkPcr.html

--
Panzer

mrcpu April 16th 04 05:10 AM

Pete wrote:

Are there any 'trunker' type programs out there to monitor a Motorola
Smartnet Type II trunked system using the earphone socket and soundcard?

I don't want to install a discriminator tap ATM and don't want to get a FSK
converter cable either just yet.

Thanks

A friend of mine (yes, you UDP!) explained it quite simply. The
non-human sounds used in signalling on the trunk system are stripped out
by the audio cct designed to deliver human undertandable sounds to your
ears. That's why you would need to tap in before the audio cct on most
scanners.

Sucks eh...

Rob

JER1538A April 18th 04 03:41 PM

ITS CALLED T4WIN
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TAP THE DISCRIMINATOR POINT