Old April 12th 04, 05:05 AM
Pete

Default Trunker via soundcard

Are there any 'trunker' type programs out there to monitor a Motorola
Smartnet Type II trunked system using the earphone socket and soundcard?

I don't want to install a discriminator tap ATM and don't want to get a FSK
converter cable either just yet.

Thanks

Old April 12th 04, 02:53 PM
Panzer240

"Pete" dotcom@dotcomdotcom wrote in news:407a159b$0$25655$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

Are there any 'trunker' type programs out there to monitor a Motorola
Smartnet Type II trunked system using the earphone socket and soundcard?

I don't want to install a discriminator tap ATM and don't want to get a FSK
converter cable either just yet.

Thanks

There is a decent one for the PCR-1000, that works a treat here The
software is available free, the author will accept/deserves donations
However if you don't have a PCR-1000 it could hardly be called free

Info is here in case your interest is piqued

http://104452.home.icq.com/trunkpcr/TrunkPcr.html

--
Panzer

Old April 16th 04, 05:10 AM
mrcpu

Pete wrote:

Are there any 'trunker' type programs out there to monitor a Motorola
Smartnet Type II trunked system using the earphone socket and soundcard?

I don't want to install a discriminator tap ATM and don't want to get a FSK
converter cable either just yet.

Thanks

A friend of mine (yes, you UDP!) explained it quite simply. The
non-human sounds used in signalling on the trunk system are stripped out
by the audio cct designed to deliver human undertandable sounds to your
ears. That's why you would need to tap in before the audio cct on most
scanners.

Sucks eh...

Rob
Old April 18th 04, 03:41 PM
JER1538A

ITS CALLED T4WIN
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TAP THE DISCRIMINATOR POINT

Soundcard specs Roger Conroy Digital 0 February 9th 04 02:33 PM
Soundcard specs Roger Conroy Digital 0 February 9th 04 02:33 PM
Pactor Software for soundcard Rick Disney Digital 0 October 23rd 03 06:46 AM
What software for soundcard? Roger Conroy Digital 0 August 28th 03 12:37 PM
Soundcard Softwares Etc Dave Digital 0 July 13th 03 11:40 AM