Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 16th 04, 09:45 PM
Dave

Default Recommendation for Scanner

Hello,

I'm interested in getting back into this hobby (after about a 25 year
break). When I last had a scanner, we had to buy "crystals" for each
frequency. Now, I see that there's a lot more choices.

I have started looking mostly at the Bearcat handhelds out there, but
would like to hear from folks on their opinions on what to look for.
I don't want to get something too complicated to learn to use. Is
Trunk Tracking important? Can you basically just turn those scanners
on and use them or is there a programming process to go through?

Also, of the Uniden models out there, are some becoming outdated (for
example, I see the BC245 around, but it appears it's 4-5 years old
now). Should I be looking to digital?

Thanks much for any and all tips. If any links to good scanner sites,
that would be most helpful!

Thanks!