Old April 19th 04, 11:50 PM

Default 250 and 296

What are the basic diffs between these two scanners aside from the 296
coming with the digital card?

Old April 20th 04, 01:16 PM
PowerHouse CB & Scanner

I know the Michigan State Police use the 9600bps system... That just one of
at least a few I'm sure.

PH

"Warren Waters" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:50:48 GMT, BB wrote:

What are the basic diffs between these two scanners aside from the 296
coming with the digital card?

The 296 will do 9600 baud digital trunked systems vs. 3600 baud for
the 250. I don't think there are too many 9600 systems out there yet.
Even LAPD uses 3600 baud.

Old April 20th 04, 10:23 PM
Dwayne

In article ,
says...
I know the Michigan State Police use the 9600bps system... That just one of
at least a few I'm sure.

PH

Ohio's MARCS system will be switching to 9600 when its all said and
done.