Old April 20th 04, 11:58 AM
tim

Default 2 way raidio's

There is not a topic spicificly for 2 ways so il post it here maybie someone
has some input.
Im looking to by about 15 of them and i would like some input on which ones
you would by and why.
Thanks in advance

Old April 20th 04, 01:37 PM
Lou

That is a pretty broad question. Aside from "talking" - what is the USE?
Delivery truck? Tow truck? You get the picture? What sort of service are
these radios going to serve? Mobile or portable operation? Is a Base
involved? What is the frequency range of intended use? Power level needed
perhaps - terrain of land - whether or not a repeater may be incorporated in
your use, options desired, and so on. "IF" you do not have a license for a 2
way radio set up, it isn't just a deal of installing them and getting on the
air. You must apply for the license - which isn't exactly cheap. You may
have to go through an Agency to get them to file the paperwork for you which
is additional expense. Furthermore, the frequency range you pick, may not be
allocated for the use "you" intend. As such, the agency doing the paperwork
and/or the FCC won't allow the license to be issued. The radios are only
part of the project, you got some homework to do if you're starting out from
scratch. To NOT have a license, you face a fine of at least $7000 and it
will be carried out if caught. I know of EMS services who've been fined for
not having a license in effect. I know this may have been a bit more or
harsh than you wanted to hear, but hey.... better to be safe than sorry! If
you're going to do it, do it "right". Depending on your needs, there are
some radios which require no license, but the coverage and options may be
limited too! So.... you have to do your homework.

Lou

Old April 21st 04, 07:44 AM
Twisted Logic 99

"tim" wrote:

There is not a topic specifically for 2 ways so I'll post it here,
maybe someone has some input.

I'm looking to buy about 15 of them and I would like some input on
which ones you would buy and why.
Thanks in advance.

Motorola is the choice of Experienced Professionals:

http://tinyurl.com/2t5f6

Channel No. (MHz)

1................... 462.5625
2................... 462.5875