Old May 16th 04, 06:31 AM
Jesse

John Neiberger wrote in
news:Ntypc.55352$536.9533398@attbi_s03:

To each their own.
The points you make are legitimate I think.
Personally,I have seen people die violent deaths in real life,so I likely
could imagine it.
Also,I remember viewing some little clip of a Russian soldier in Chechyna
getting his throat sliced - And I kind of had the feeling I was violating
that persons last moments on earth.

Yes, that is the video I saw, so I should retract the comment where I
said I saw a beheading because that doesn't quite count. It's still
horribly gruesome, though. Absolutely horrifying. It honestly made me
physically sick.

There are only a couple of things that I've seen in my life that I wish
I could erase, or that I really wish I hadn't seen, and that video was
one of them.

I served with the U.S. Marines during the 91 Gulf War,and saw enough mangled
and sizzled corpes to last me awhile.
Also was a cop of sorts for a couple years in a big city, and saw quite a few
instances of violent death.
I'm not particuliarly squeamish,and I can't say the things I've seen haunt me
- But if my mind was a hard drive,I'd certainly elect to erase portions of
it.
I think that most people want to view this clip out of pure morbid curiosity
- Perhaps for the same reasons that drive people to want to see mutilation
movies like whats his name freddy kruger,or to go on some outlandish
'amusement' ride roller coaster and get the living crap scared out of them.
Like George said,perhpas some want and need to see it to motivate them as to
what were up against .. Or just for a need to know the pure uncensored truth.
But like you said,I can't help but feel that the majority of those who view
this or things like it might well wish they hadn't.
Once imprinted on the mind its there to stay.
Old May 16th 04, 07:46 AM
jopl

GeorgeF wrote:

jopl wrote:

Jesse wrote:

jopl wrote in :

I guess my question would be - Why would you want to ?
Morbid curiosity ?
Demented freakazoid ?
A guy gets his head cut off by radical islamist scum.
Can you not imagine it ?

If you haven't seen the video then NO you can't imagine it. Its not
only the video itself which is moving but the audio. I think the
audio was more moving then the video, listening to a man's screams as
his head is being hacked off. And I do mean "hacked" off as the knife
being used was not large or sharp enough to do a clean job.

Until you see and HEAR the movie for yourself then my answer is NO, no
way can you imagine it...

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

I agree with you George. The audio was worse. The video wasn't real
clear. I would love to kill all 5 of those cocksucking
Islamic faggots with my hands.
Old May 16th 04, 05:45 PM
GeorgeF

Bruce Markowitz wrote:

So in other words the guy isn't dead?
Who did they bury the other day?

No I think he is dead. Killed before the video was made, the beheading
probably wasn't "the cause of death". Killed by CIA? The beheading
was just for show....

"The Dog is Wagging now!"

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old May 16th 04, 07:10 PM
Jackie

Dead is dead. Who the hell do you think killed him?

It's looking like the US killed him.

I didn't see the video myself... no desire to... however, I must have missed
something: assuming for a moment that the US government was somehow involved
in Nick Berg's death, why would the US want to kill him? What was the
motive?

Jackie

Old May 17th 04, 11:18 PM
Bruce Markowitz

Hitler is dead too. Maybe he was a Mossad agent.
WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE NUTS?????

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:24:37 GMT, mlf wrote:

In article ,
says...
So in other words the guy isn't dead?
Who did they bury the other day?

He's dead alright. Killed by Americans or Isrealis as he and Dan Pearl
were Mossad agents.

Old May 18th 04, 04:35 AM
Joseph Cannon

"Bruce Markowitz" wrote in message ...
So in other words the guy isn't dead?

I honestly do not know WHAT to make of Berg affair, although there is
the vague but unmistakable whiff of fish in the air.

I'd like to broaden this question. Is there a precedent for a "staged
death" scenario? The motif is fairly common in spy novels and films:
"The Third Man" and "You Only Live Twice" both come to mind.

I seem to recall reading of a deception of this sort that took place
in real life. The trouble is, I've read a lot of "true life" espionage
books, and the details start to run together. I know that someone once
proposed this as a solution (albeit not a very likely solution) for
the Valentich disappearance, but that's not the incident I'm trying to
recall here.

Is my memory playing tricks, or was there once a case where someone
connected with some intelligence agency faked his death?

-- Joseph Cannon
CANNONFIRE http://cannonfire.blogspot.com
(email: )
Old May 18th 04, 04:40 AM
John Neiberger

Bruce Markowitz wrote:
Hitler is dead too. Maybe he was a Mossad agent.
WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE NUTS?????

Do you find it easier to attack people rather than discuss or rebut the
points they make?

For example, you might try saying something like this: "Those points
that you all mention seem to be on rather shaky ground. While they
appear to have some validity on the surface, I don't find that I can
agree with them until I see more evidence. Until you can show me proof
that you're right, I'd prefer to believe the word of our leaders."

Or, you could try a more direct approach: "Can you back any of this up?
Have you actually researched any of these claims yourself? If not, come
back when you can do more than speculate or spread rumors."

You're right, that's way too many words. It's a lot easier just to
attack people with short, barbed sentences and ignore the rest of the
discussion.

By the way, isn't anyone here familiar with Godwin's law? Here's the
current definition for those paying attention:

Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows
longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler
approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this
occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has
automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus
practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length
in those groups. However there is also a widely-recognized codicil that
any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its
thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.

Regards,
John
Old May 18th 04, 05:01 AM
John Neiberger

I seem to recall reading of a deception of this sort that took place
in real life. The trouble is, I've read a lot of "true life" espionage
books, and the details start to run together. I know that someone once
proposed this as a solution (albeit not a very likely solution) for
the Valentich disappearance, but that's not the incident I'm trying to
recall here.

Is my memory playing tricks, or was there once a case where someone
connected with some intelligence agency faked his death?

Sidney George Riley, perhaps. He was called "The Ace of Spies", and some
even believe that he was the model for James Bond. And, on-topic, some
believe he faked his own death.

I believe that some people feel that Glenn Miller's death was faked. I
don't know know anything about that, though.

An even more pertinent question would be this: do intelligence agencies
have a track record of faking events or information in order to bring
about a desired outcome?

The resounding answer is "yes". Every major intelligence agency does
this on a regular basis. And, yes, the CIA and Mossad do it just as
often as everyone else.

If you really want to have your mind blown, do a Google search on
"Operation Northwoods".

Have fun! Does any of it sound familiar?
Old May 25th 04, 11:34 PM
Assasukasse©

Il Sat, 15 May 2004 23:46:24 -0700, jopl disturbandomi mentre nitravo
del latte per le mie ricariche economiche, scrisse:

I agree with you George. The audio was worse. The video wasn't real
clear. I would love to kill all 5 of those cocksucking
Islamic faggots with my hands.

That would be a merciful punishment.
personally i am against death penalty in ANY case since IMHO is stupid
like an ass w/o the hole, however seems that in US they have a passion
for this so i don't wanna argue with anyone.
Beside that, i think those ppl need to be educated not eradicated, so
take them all, get them naked, put a chain on their neck and let them
live like dogs for...uhm...3 months? then free them and tell them,
next time won't be 3 months will be 30 months.
Now that could look cruel to anyone, but beasts need to be treated
like beasts, what i still don't understand is WHY US doesn't take care
of the heads, since those ppl are mainly sheepers and farmers, it must
be the head that tell them what to do.
Cut the head and the body will die.
So please dispatch a bulled on the head of that useless imam that is
bothering alot, it won't be reasonable, they won't be able to talk
with him, he will keep sending stupid ppl to die or to blow themselves
off...take the less pain, put him 2 mt underground and things will go
better, and do the same for any substitute.
Beside that, they are not Muslim, neither islamic, they are just
pretending, taking advantage of those religion-full brains over
there...
Agostino Nevermore