Old May 29th 04, 04:36 AM
Mike

Default Recommend Air Show Scanner

I would like to buy a scanner to listen to the Air Force Thunderbirds
perform. What would be the best product to do this?
Old May 30th 04, 03:48 AM
SB

Make sure the scanner will receive the VHF Aero & UHF Aero band.

om...

Old May 30th 04, 08:39 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Go through this article;

http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtairshows.html

It will give you much more than just frequencies, it will answer your
questions!

NOT ONLY do you need the Aircraft bands VHF and UHF 220 MHz to 400
MHz coverage
as the Monitoring Times article states YOU NEED SELECTABLE mode I.E. AM
and FM.
Because the T Birds are on the 140 MHz military VHF Aircraft band, this
gos above the civilian band from 138 MHZ to 144 MHz, in AM!
This is covered in depth in the article.
Jim

Old May 30th 04, 12:57 PM
Ronny Julian

I personally like my Icom Q7A. I didn't get to use it much for this but my
co worker borrowed it and he said it was the perfect thing to have. About
$80-90 used. You may find one new still but why? Most hams that buy one
either love or hate them. I love mine!

K4RJJ

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
I would like to buy a scanner to listen to the Air Force Thunderbirds
perform. What would be the best product to do this?

Latest 50's Rock and Roll Shows Online Rockitradio Broadcasting 0 August 14th 04 12:20 AM
6th Annual East Coast vs. West Coast Oldies Show online at Rock-it Radio Rockitradio Broadcasting 0 March 19th 04 05:29 PM
Pro-95 Scanner John Jenkins Scanner 2 January 16th 04 02:21 AM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 04:39 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM